eBay 73 Mach 1, "Q" 4spd, w/27K survivor

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
73 Mach 1 (x3) 73 Grande
68 Coupe
72 Sprint Fastback
72 Sprint convertible, 1 of 50 (sold)
69 GT 500 (sold)
68 Fastback deluxe int. w/bench (sold)
Reserve price. I hate that (but also understand why). How many folks here have bought a car (not necessarily a Mustang) from eBay?

]nteresting... I just bought this car and it too was originally sold at Melrose, Ford In Oakland California.

Last edited by a moderator:
Love the car. Hate the speaker holes. :happyno: 

But who am I to gripe....i did the same thing plus added a power antenna to mine in 1982

Reserve price. I hate that (but also understand why).  How many folks here have bought a car (not necessarily a Mustang) from eBay?
I have bought about 20 Mustangs in the last 7 or 8 years off ebay.  Have had no issues, just need to know what exactly what to look for and have the discussion with the person before purchasing.  You can pretty much tell if they know what they are talking about and honest.

While it looks like a decent car good color 4 speed and all

As it has been painted once and he says is showing wear on it ... with 27,000 miles

The engine looks like 127,000 as dirty and greasy as it is

They claim survivor ... no it's been painted

At 15 K the reserve is met ... not a bad car for the money but I would want to go and see it.

The high bidder will probably retract the bid.

If you look them up. they have... 66  bid retractions in the last 6 months

Was catching up on some of the posts I missed. 

Did someone on here actually buy the car. I do not think the mileage is stated correct. The seat is way too worn to be 27,000. No reason to paint a car either. 

I believe like Don says 127,000. 

On ebay buying. I have bought two off ebay. 1973 california vert and had 70+ emails with the owner before I bid. Was still fishy of why he let it set for 25 years. Turned out he put a head gasket on backwards and when you ran it the coolant would blow out when you cut it off. I fixed gasket and no issue now. He would never answer my email after I found the issue. He is a racer in California and his pit crew built the engine. EXPERTS. Paid $7,200 and $1,000 to transport in open truck. It is all original paint and interior and lots of options. 

The other was also a 1973 vert in Michigan. I went and got in and went to the mustang show at Ford when I picked it up. Paid $3,200 everyone was afraid of the car due to Michigan but not that bad for sure. It was a Special Paint car and he did not know that until I told him and he owned it for 13 years just sat in garage. 

No issue with either buy. 

I would go look if you are spending a bunch. Airline ticket is cheaper than getting a rust bucket.

Back