Anyone running a 325/50-15

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
73 Mach 1
I'm still deciding on if I'm going to stick with 15" rims or not. Looks like there are a couple brake kits that are 4 piston that still allow for a 15"rim. The 325/50's would give me a 28" tall tire and would still work on a 15x10 wheel. I'm sure offset would come into play as to how well it would fit but if anyone is running this size do you have any pics to post along with the offset of your wheels. Thanks

You will need a 10 inch wide wheel, custom backspacing 6 inches, will still need massaging with a bfhammer front inner wheelwells and rolling fender lip. used to run a 295/60/15 street slick, section width on ALL radials is the killer. Bias ply do not bulge out so no problem.

I am running 325-45-17's

I am using 17x10.5's with Backspace of 6.8 inches

BFH is not enough, you will need to split the inner wheel well and widen it inward by adding a pie shaped wedge and shoving the inner fender well flush up against the frame rail.. Interior will still fit fine, but if a 73 you, might lose the rear seat belt retractors to a space shortage. The tightness is up front more than anywhere else, but you do get close on the inside clearances.

I chose to relocate my fuel lines, but if you don't, they are in a dicey spot

And when you are done with all the work . . . get out the fender roller and the BFH to finish the job.

You will need a 10 inch wide wheel, custom backspacing 6 inches, will still need massaging with a bfhammer front inner wheelwells and rolling fender lip. used to run a 295/60/15 street slick, section width on ALL radials is the killer. Bias ply do not bulge out so no problem.
On  our cars, the axle is not centered in the wheel well, it is about an inch forward. You can buy adjustable leaf spring mounts that you can use to pull tires back away from front inner wheelhouse inch point.

Back