Shippers?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1971 Mustang Convertible
1971 Mustang Mach I
1972 Mexican GT-351
1971 Mustang Convertible
1988 Bronco II
1970 Torino 4 door
So it seems like many of the shippers are more like agents that coordinate with the actual drivers. I haven't shipped a car for close to 25 yrs. I looked for a thread on this and didn't find anything. Any recommendations? It would be CONUS shipping. I have requested quotes and am getting spammed by people lol

Been 4 years since I shipped my 73 convertible from Reno NV. to N.C.. When you are on ebay there is an area to click for shipping. Yes you will be bombed by a bunch of booking agents that have never driven a truck. 

Unless you pay the high price for an enclosed shipment they are just a crap shoot I think. I paid extra to be on the top deck so not oil would be dripping on the car, little over $1,000. It came on the lower deck up against the cab of the truck. The rear bumper was against the frame of the hauler and messed up the rubber on the deluxe bumper. I took pics of it against the frame. 

Well the driver gets his paperwork out and asks me to sign it and then we unload the car. With the car off I then say what are you going to do about the damage to the bumper and he says nothing. He said you signed the papers saying nothing wrong and once off the truck no claims can be made. I even tried to pull back payment with American Express card but they would not do it. Even though I had pics of the damage on the truck and he had put on lower level and not on top they would not give even partial back. 

If you can get the seller to put the contact protection plastic on the hood, roof and trunk to keep the oil off it might help. 

If it has hub caps you might want to have seller pull them and wrap up and put in trunk. They get stolen a lot. 

BTW when the trucker was getting the truck ready to leave he had the balls to ask me which way to go to dodge the weight station. Said his trailer brakes did not work. So he had a full load of cars on a hauler and only brakes on the truck. I told him screw himself. 

The next two that I bought I just went and got myself. One in Grand Rapids, MI and other in Dearborn MI. I drove up and back non stop to GR and went to mustang show at Ford for the one in Dearborn. 

I prefer a dolly myself much lighter and easier to pull. I bought a used one of Craigslist for $350. 

There are the little guys you see on TV that have a one or two car trailer might be a option. Forget their name.

I prefer a dolly myself much lighter and easier to pull. I bought a used one of Craigslist for $350. 
Tell me more, please. Is the dolly for use under just two wheels?

I’m going to need to make repeat trips to the shop before the car is running on its own, about 4-5 miles on local streets each way. I got a tow bar but I’m beginning to doubt it’s the optimum solution. And I definitely don’t have the room to buy a trailer and renting one will get expensive.

Who are you calling shippers?

Domestic USA ....or USA to UK ? 

I don't know of any ship that can go from Columbus Ohio to Idaho Falls 

:D

Last edited by a moderator:
Who are you calling shippers?

Domestic USA ....or USA to UK ? 

I don't know of any ship that can go from Columbus Ohio to Idaho Falls 

:D
Damn English language with your aluminium and such! What do you call a lorry transport in the UK?

Tell me more, please. Is the dolly for use under just two wheels?

I’m going to need to make repeat trips to the shop before the car is running on its own, about 4-5 miles on local streets each way. I got a tow bar but I’m beginning to doubt it’s the optimum solution. And I definitely don’t have the room to buy a trailer and renting one will get expensive.
With a dolly the rear wheels have to be there and functional. If an automatic you have to take the driveshaft out. If a manual you can leave in neutral. I would have to get pics tomorrow. You can rent them but when I went to Michigan even though I had the dolly less than 24 hours they charged me for 3 days. That is when I bought one. 

Here is a picture of my 73 Mach 1 on way back from the MOM. The one I have has it's own brakes so you never feel the car behind you pushing you. I came up the mountains ran 65 mph pulling the car. 

Back