Stupid is as Stupid does

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
CONGRATULATIONS on getting it started, Roy!

If that little "mishap" is the ONLY problem you have, believe me, y'all are doing GREAT.

It really does sound good:)!

BT

I was trying to figure out why the signal from the timing light seemed odd. Then I realized the car was trying to warn you with Morse code ....."getting hot here...a little air please...erp...gurgle...BARF!":p

Really sounds healthy!

I was trying to figure out why the signal from the timing light seemed odd. Then I realized the car was trying to warn you with Morse code ....."getting hot here...a little air please...erp...gurgle...BARF!":p

Really sounds healthy!
lol:dodgy:

Don't feel to bad Roy. When I did my last oil change the phone rang right in the middle of it and when I came back I tried to start the car. Only problem was I hadn't put the oil in yet.:huh: Luckily i realized it before the car actually came to life.

Your car sounds great congratulations. Now get a fan in there A.S.A.P. and lets see some burning rubber.

The car looks and sounds great Roy. Like BT said, if that's your biggest mishap... :D The car does look more green in the video than in real life though. And DUDE what happened to your hair??? LOL

It's going to be very nice and WELL worth the effort.

The car looks and sounds great Roy. Like BT said, if that's your biggest mishap... :D The car does look more green in the video than in real life though. And DUDE what happened to your hair??? LOL

It's going to be very nice and WELL worth the effort.
SUMMER cut

What is the idle vaccum reading and what power valve is in the carburator and do you have a vaccum advance on the distributor?

Andy

I got a good one. A long time ago I let my brother borrow my car, a 1976 Scirocco. It was eating oil so I reminded him to put a quart in. He did. The only problem was he didn't take the bottle out.

I drove the car to a friend's house and wondered why the damned thing seized up. I popped the hood and the bottle was sticking out of the valve cover, and there was oil coating the inside of the hood. :( Not happy.

Ok this my stupid bone head. Doing an oil change on my 71 Grande which had a Moroso 10 quart oil pan on the 351c 4V. Well I changed the oil filter the rubber gasket came off the old filter and stuck to the block. So I spun the new oil filter on. Pored 10 fresh Quarts in started it up let it idle for 5-10. Walked in the house to wash up. Came back out side to find a 6 foot puddle of 20/50 and the Cleveland just idling with no oil PSI.

What is the idle vaccum reading and what power valve is in the carburator and do you have a vaccum advance on the distributor?

Andy
No ideal on the vaccum/ powervalve is whatever come in an Holley 850 DP, and it is a mechanical advanced dizzy. This was just a test fire not much was hooked up, just enough stuff to start it.

Sounded like the power valve was opening at idle so you may need a 4.5 or a 3.5 power valve. Because you don't have a Vaccum advance I would run the initial timing up to 22 to 24 degrees and then adjust the advance to give a total of 32-36 degrees. That should get you a nice idle with your set up.

Andy

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok this my stupid bone head. Doing an oil change on my 71 Grande which had a Moroso 10 quart oil pan on the 351c 4V. Well I changed the oil filter the rubber gasket came off the old filter and stuck to the block. So I spun the new oil filter on. Pored 10 fresh Quarts in started it up let it idle for 5-10. Walked in the house to wash up. Came back out side to find a 6 foot puddle of 20/50 and the Cleveland just idling with no oil PSI.
Apparently thats not an uncommon problem with the old rubber seal sticking to the block. I remember I had to help my uncle figure out why his Toyotoa pickup was leaking oil after he changed it. The was way back in the 80's. So the first thing I do now is check for the rubber seal when I take the old filter off.

Back