Mustang Mach E

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Until they get battery duration and life to the newest technology it is still less cost to burn fuel in the car. The power company has to burn fuel to generate the power to charge the car. 

They do have the new Graphite batteries that the entire car can become the battery and will do a full recharge in less time than it takes to fill a gas tank. Watched a show on Nova on TV about the new battery development. 

I think they went to market on Nov. 15 didn't they. Got a blog from Hagerty the other day with a pic of one.

It likely is a fine car but, it is NOT a Mustang and should be renamed. Chuck

It likely is a fine car but, it is NOT a Mustang and should be renamed. Chuck
 Totally agree. A Mustang is a Mustang is a Mustang..... nothing else!

Rename it for sure, they have loads of redundant names to chose from, take your pick.

Geoff.

Years ago when Ford was considering replacing the Mustang with the Probe, fans flooded corporate offices with letters.  The shear volume of letters convinced Ford to back off.  Maybe its time to drop them a line.

A sale dudes prolly entered the design room with a bag full of mustangs, fiestas, teslas parts/picts and requested they'd all fit together by the next morning.

This unbalanced design mix should have an ugly duck on the front instead of a pony for sure.

Years ago when Ford was considering replacing the Mustang with the Probe, fans flooded corporate offices with letters.  The shear volume of letters convinced Ford to back off.  Maybe its time to drop them a line.
Well, there's a few thousand members here for starters. 

I must admit, the car looks quite nice, but no way a Mustang.

A problem I have with electric cars is with the batteries themselves. Most, if not all the current ones, are Lithium based. Lithium is a dirty product to mine from what I was told. The pollution from mining Lithium (in China) is far worse than drilling for oil. While I'll fully admit I have not researched this myself, I do remember hearing that somewhere. Then there's the problem of getting rid of spent batteries, what to do with them. Add to that the enormous cost of replacement batteries. What about fire/explosion risk. There have been several Hybrid vehicle fires. So is it worth the effort along with the BS we're being fed by "Environmentalists" ?

The ONLY viable replacement fuel is Hydrogen and testing has been done, but there are many problems to solve here as well.

Not a Mustang!  They would be beyond stupid in the current Muscle Car race to destroy and dumb down the Mustang name like they did the Taurus a few years ago.

How about Maverick, Comet, Capri, Falcon....  Oh that would be PERFECT, the new Ford Falcon!!

kcmash

Talking about dumbing down the name line, remember the Ford 500, 10+ years ago. After the Fairlane and Galaxie 500s what a POS, lasted all of 3 years. The Ford board room boys and girls must have a short memory.

Please everyone tell Ford to change their moronic idea. I'm 23 and most people my age and younger understand this is an insult to mustangs in general. What unoriginal hipster idiot pitched this dogsh*t idea? Everyone let Ford know, I'm ashamed to wear mustang clothing in real life now, but I'll still love 1st gen mustangs.

I don't put much stock in this actually going anywhere - but found this on the interweb:

http://chng.it/Rk26Jv4v6n

Yes, I signed it....
I will tirelessly post this link in Germany..., maybe he does something.

In Germany, the presentation also triggered heated discussions.

New Ford SUV "YES" - Name Mustang "NO"

Greetings from Heidelberg in Germany

Klaus

I don't put much stock in this actually going anywhere - but found this on the interweb:

http://chng.it/Rk26Jv4v6n

Yes, I signed it....
I signed as well.

Nice little SUV (except for the iPad pro glued on to the dash) but a total abuse of the name "Mustang".

I'm not sure if this can be done, but there are three threads going at once on this subject. Just wondering if they can be combined into one? It would save a lot of time.

I too signed that "petition", but no idea if it has any clout. We'll see I guess, maybe it well depend on how many PAY the 2+ dollars to support it! I said I'll "share" it.

On last night's local TV News, they featured this abomination. Problem was the Newscaster is a total Petrol-head himself, owning a 60's Chrysler vert. and introduced the segment with a smile on his face....traitor! I didn't watch the video, turned the channel.

Geoff.

Back