Traveling to Australia

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1971 Mach 1 w/408C stroker
I will be traveling "down under" to Australia in mid December. I will be in Sydney most of the time visiting some friends. I will also have a short visit to Melbourne and Great Ocean Road.

It will be nice if I can meet some Aussie Mustang enthusiasts while down there. Also, I am willing to bring small parts ( :whistling: ) if you have a specific need. And viceversa, I could bring small parts back. PM me if interested.

Last edited by a moderator:
Lucky you! I spent 3 weeks down under wayy back in 95. I searched and found a car show while I was there and saw odd to me at the time, right hand drive Mustangs, Camaros and Impalas. Also saw some nice Holden Monaro's. One car that I'll always remember wasn't inside the car show building, but out in the parking lot. A Ford Mach 1, which looked to be Falcon based. Really nice looking ride with cool looking graphics.

I will be traveling "down under" to Australia in mid December. I will be in Sydney most of the time visiting some friends. I will also have a short visit to Melbourne and Great Ocean Road.

It will be nice if I can meet some Aussie Mustang enthusiasts while down there. Also, I am willing to bring small parts ( :whistling: ) if you have a specific need. And viceversa, I could bring small parts back. PM me if interested.
Where abouts in Sydney will you be Tony?

I am going to see my parents for Christmas - no Mustang though - no air con yet and the minister for war and finance needs air con :D

Be good to meet for a beer.

TFS heads are small aren't they? lollerz

Shane

Going to Australia was always on my bucket list. Enjoy your trip, take some pictures you can share with us.

Aussies should only have Tractors, trucks and fly swatters - :p what do they need Mustangs for? - have them give all their Mustangs back to you to take back home to the USA   ::thumb::

Where abouts in Sydney will you be Tony?

I am going to see my parents for Christmas - no Mustang though - no air con yet and the minister for war and finance needs air con :D

Be good to meet for a beer.

TFS heads are small aren't they? lollerz

Shane
We should meet. I will be North of Sydney near Dee-Why.

I thought I could bring back a bunch of engine heads, but I think I will have a bit of overweight :chin:

Tony, can you fit this in your carry on for me...

one 73 or 74 or 75 xb  gt falcon ... might have to check it though  oversize bag fee $ 50.00 ::thumb::

Spent 5 weeks a few yrs. ago visiting friends and traveling up and down the east coast. Melbourne weather can be tricky in January. darn hot one day and almost winter the next. Got to see a lot amazing cars in Feb. at Hanging Rock

Guys,  guys, guys  :-/ ...please ...these people were sent from our Island in the 18th century as ....well...how can I put it :chin: ... not to be trusted of good will persons  :D .... Their only sophistication is funnel web spiders and Billabongs (what ever that is) :p ...surely a Mustang is technology far beyond their ken ... you must reconsider.... otherwise you'll end up in a world of Bogans, Bludgers and Brickies dumping in the dunny ::thumb::

...anyone wanna open a cool one ?  :whistling:

You might want to brush up on how to act in Australia...you know, they have didgeridoos and didgeridon'ts...

You might want to brush up on how to act in Australia...you know, they have didgeridoos and didgeridon'ts...

Hehehee

Yes me ol cobber, and the Austraaalian language  :p 

http://www.koalanet.com.au/australian-slang.html 

To negotiate buying a 71-73 Mustang you must use this phrase 

"G'day m8; not a bad tin-pile ...looks like its done a million clicks though, I'll need 50% off because it's obviously been driven by a whacker, and the gearbox has carked-it !"  ::thumb::

All seriousness. I would love to meet some members in the Sydney area if possible. I would love to see one of our cars with steering on the right side.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

All seriousness. I would love to meet some members in the Sydney area if possible. I would love to see one of our cars with steering on the right side.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
Hi Tony,

Dee Why is about an hour away from my parents place. Will speak to the minister for war and finance about somewhere to meet as she knows Sydney better than me.

Will PM my mobile number.

Shane

Enjoy your trip!!!  The Great Ocean Road is a not to miss site seeing trip.  If you schedule a tour with a company I would recommend Oceania Tours and Safaris and ask for Ricarda.  She does a great tour and takes you to places that others often miss.

Back