2021 Ford Mustang 4-Door

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ford just rolled out its new 2021 Mustang.

Its electric and now a 4-door.

No longer will they be making the two door power house.

What is the world coming too....

Hold onto your horse or they'll probably come and try and take that away too...

Dan

We need to REVOLT!! 

As I eluded to in another post, I like the car, just remove the Mustang cues and call it something else, what I don't know.

I'd be happier if it were a real Mustang that looked like a Mustang.

Bottom line is Electric cars are not all they're cracked up to be........... or is that just me being a "Petrol-Head"

Just wonderful, drive 200 or 300 miles and then find a motel with charging stations and plug it in for 6 or 8 hours. After paying $60,000+ for the high performance model. I guess I'm a petrol head, too. Oh, and I forgot to mention the $3,000 or $4,000 battery pack replacement every few years.

Just wonderful, drive 200 or 300 miles and then find a motel with charging stations and plug it in for 6 or 8 hours. After paying $60,000+ for the high performance model. I guess I'm a petrol head, too. Oh, and I forgot to mention the $3,000 or $4,000 battery pack replacement every few years.

I seriously doubt that on the battery pack and charging 6-8 hours.

Either way, electric is the future, just change the name from Mustang.

Last edited by a moderator:
The Chevy Volt battery is $1,000 and is going to be considerably higher for the Mustang if it's going to put out 400+ horsepower to front and rear wheel drive motors.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/183407213020

As for charging times:

https://www.clippercreek.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/05/Time-to-Charge-Chart-20180502_Final-1.jpg

The charging time is controlled by 3 factors:

1) Capacity of battery pack and percent of depletion

2) Acceptance charge rate of the vehicle/battery pack

3) Charge rate (capacity) of the charging station

If a vehicle has an acceptance charge rate of 5 kW it will not charge any faster if it is connect to a 10kW charging station than it would connected to a 5 kW charging station.

I agree that electric cars are the future, but they're not without problems. The carbon footprint of manufacturing and disposing of batteries, while not as great as driving fuel powered cars, is still significant. Most all will be charged at night (after work), so solar panels aren't going to help much, most will be charged by fossil fuel power plants. If only we could harness all of the hot wind from politicians :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I was looking for some information on that subject. Kind of hard to tell from the news stories. One of them called it an expansion of the Mustang line. None mentioned what a 2-door Mustang was like, or if it existed.

Yes the few news items I saw indicated that this was an expansion of the Mustang line. That kind of sucks, but as long as the two door high performance V8 ICE variation will still be around, then so be it. "Mustang" is the only recognizable car name they have left.

Back