• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to 7173 Mustangs.com and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Selling my 1972 Sportsroof

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MustangLover63

Reaction score
My Car
1972 Dark Green Metallic 351CJ
2007 Shelby GT
2014 Saleen Yellow Label
Recently retired and having to sell one of my Mustangs. You can see all pictures at Cody's Classic Cars located in Stanley, WI as he is my consignor. I bought the car off the original owner about 3 and 1/2 years ago. He had it basically restored in 1991 by replacing floor and various fendors & Wheel wells. In 2011 he transplanted a "Q-code" 351 CJ into the car (car is an F-code). Engine is fantastic and was rebuilt well. Also in same year he had the original FMX tranny rebuild along with the rearend (3.73 gears with posi). It also has Hooker ceramic Long Tube headers. I have converted the rear to disc brakes so now it has four wheel discs. I also junked the Autolite 4V and put a Holley on it and has been fantastic. Car has been extremely reliable and was driving it most every weekend (never on wet roads) for anywhere between 30-100 miles. Interior is mostly original however seats have been re-upholstered also back in 2011ish. I would rate the car between a #2 and #3 on Hagerty's rating scale. Probably closer to #2 but remember it is a 47 year old vehicle. NO LEAKS and starts usually on the first attempt but sometimes the second if it has sat for weeks or when it's extremely cold (less than 30 degrees). I'm using a consignor because I feel more comfortable. He has good reviews and has also sold many classics overseas. His website is https://www.codysclassiccars.com/

I know how you feel about selling when you retire. I am going to have to do that also.

Looks like they did do a great job with pics. They should have included the trunk area and put up on a lift to get a full shot from under car. Also a short video with engine running will help. 

Good luck on the sale. I love the color have a 65 vert that color.

Fabrice, sorry. I've reached out to him to see if he has any restrictions set up on his site. I don't see why he would since he has sold cars overseas and I know the Netherlands has been one of the places he has sold to so I would assume that IP's from overseas are not being blocked unless he has has malicious attacks be a particular IP. Having access blocked could be a result of various things to include settings on your own computer to your provider's settings to the website owner.

@MustangLover63

thx for posting the video. Great looking car, must hurt to let it see go away...

For the IP, tried on my phone with no wifi (no Lan) and on the new phone of my oldest daughter. Same.

Their host simply have a region filter. Similar problems seen on few US sites. Harbor freight site for instance, is doing same but 1/2 , it loads the template, but blocks me only the pictures. So I can blindly order :)

As a side note, I'm a dev and work daily with my US customers, one of them being a datacenter. Trust me, if I had any malicious history or was black listed they'd know it,

I would certainly have no business with them as security is #1 for them.

What a beautiful car :coolphotos: 

Surely sad it have to go... 

It looks like it was very well taken care of and it has such a beautiful paint! There did someone a good job on this in the past! 

If I already had not one that car would be one for me surely - I like that clean and sleek Sportsroof-look in that color without stripes, NACA-hood and the non-Mach 1-grille! 

I hope it will come in good hands!

The original owner had a 351CJ rebuilt and transplanted. As I mentioned in my original post the car is an F code with a Q code power plant. I've had my mechanic tell me that this engine was well done unfortunately I don't know who rebuilt it and how it was accomplished.

[ He has good reviews and has also sold many classics overseas.]

Access To Website Blocked

That's what the above link displays viewed from this side of the Atlantic...
Fabrice

Access to webpage works on my mobile. I'm currently in Belgium, using a German mobile, logged in to a Belgian Wi-Fi.

Cheers Frank

The original owner had a 351CJ rebuilt and transplanted. As I mentioned in my original post the car is an F code with a Q code power plant. I've had my mechanic tell me that this engine was well done unfortunately I don't know who rebuilt it and how it was accomplished.
Thank you for the reply. 

Ron

Back