Newbie from Kansas

Welcome from a fellow convert owner from Washington state!

1973 Mustang convertible, F code w/ C4, stock survivor with refresh in progress. Blue glow w/ Blue Comfortweave interior.

Welcome from Virginia! Gotta love the converts!

Mike AKA Ole Pony & Rare Pony
Our current Mustang garage/driveway
1973 Mustang Convert - Bought in 1974 - Still have it!
2004 Mach 1 Oxford White Auto, Bought Sept 06

20180127_082009.jpg

Nice looking car.

Welcome from Oregon.

“If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough.”

--Albert Einstein

Welcome from MO. Vert owner here as well! Nice looking car. Anything more you can share about it?

Wisdom, knowledge and intelligence are three very different things.

1971 convertible, H-code, Ram Air

1971 Mach I, M-code, Ram Air

1988 Bronco II

2014 F150 Supercrew

power steering

It shows ~94,000 miles which i believe is correct

exterior and top has been refreshed

White Deluxe interior that looks fair from a long distance but i am going to try to redo it this winter. 

Upholstery, carpet, and several other things are on order.

Has factory air that does not work. I have a condenser ordered. hopefully that will fix it.

Console has back corner broke. Will try to fix it with fiberglass.  ???Hopefully.

All gauges including tach are working. Even has functioning power windows. 

only thing i would have liked was power brakes. but it is a sweet car.

will be adding strips, too

i have already gleaned a lot of information from this forum.

really enjoy it.

thanks to all who share their knowledge.

Wayne

IMG-0016-1793.jpg

::welcome:: from Germany! 

Nice looking vert! 

If I were you I would not put any stripes on it - the car looks fantastic as it is  ::thumb::

Tim

Never drive faster than your guardian angel can fly :angel:

Welcome from Iowa. Nice vert.

73 Grande H Code. Headman long tube headers, T-5 Transmission, 3.70 Traclok, Lowered 1" all around, Aussie 2v heads w/ 2.19 intake, 1.71 exhaust, screw in studs, full roller cam 608/612 lift 280/281 duration LSA 112, Quick Fuel 750 CFM double pumper, AirGap intake.

- Jason

082-hot-rod-power-tour-2017-1970-1970s.jpg

Nice looking vert! 

If I were you I would not put any stripes on it - the car looks fantastic as it is  ::thumb::

i have struggled with that issue. i love the look both ways but the stripes have won in my mind.

it will also have spoilers. front and back.

Nice looking vert! 

i have struggled with that issue. i love the look both ways but the stripes have won in my mind.

it will also have spoilers. front and back. 

gotta love the 71-73 mustangs.

Wayne

power steering

It shows ~94,000 miles which i believe is correct

exterior and top has been refreshed

White Deluxe interior that looks fair from a long distance but i am going to try to redo it this winter. 

Upholstery, carpet, and several other things are on order.

Has factory air that does not work. I have a condenser ordered. hopefully that will fix it.

Console has back corner broke. Will try to fix it with fiberglass.  ???Hopefully.

All gauges including tach are working. Even has functioning power windows. 

only thing i would have liked was power brakes. but it is a sweet car.

will be adding strips, too

i have already gleaned a lot of information from this forum.

really enjoy it.

thanks to all who share their knowledge.

Wayne

IMG-0016-1793.jpg

Power windows is such a sweet option for convertibles! Well done

Wow, you guys really know how to add confusion to my life. i struggled for a long time whether to add the hockey stick stripes to my car and finally decided to do it.

Now i am revisiting the issue in my mind and struggling again. (although, it is a fun struggle)

I have even already bought the kits, spoilers, too.

i really like the 7173 convertibles both ways.

Wish my wife would let me have two verts. His and Hers maybe???

Welcome to the forum.

Yes we have lots of opinions for sure. It is your car and you should do what you want with it. Just so that you understand why people say not to do some things will share some info.

I am not sure that in 71 you could even get the side stripe on a vert. In 72 & 73 you could but had to have the Decor Group which added the black or argent lower body color. Eliminated the rocker molding and you had a tail light panel that was textured metal. You also got the Mach 1 grill with the Decor Group. 

No year of convertible ever got the spoiler. So when a purest sees one we cringe because it looks out of place and incorrect. 

The only model that got the front spoiler was the Boss 351 but they look correct on all models so you see lots of them.

The rear spoiler was on one car I bought that I am eliminating now. He butchered the reinforcement inside the trunk because the studs fall in a bad place since it was not designed for a spoiler. You will also have to locate a set of two torsion bars for the trunk to stay open. The convertible is different from the Mach 1 and you will need to locate a Cougar convertible set of rods. The trunk will not stay open with an original type spoiler. What you ordered might be one of the light plastic spoilers and work.

You say you ordered an interior. If your interior code is CW for Comfort Weave White. The repo covers will not be even close to the originals. They will be embossed and not woven. 

When you pull the interior out be on the look out for your build sheet. Can be stuffed in a seat bottom, under carpet or even under the sound deadening. 

If when you pull the carpet out there is rust in the front floor you have a cowl leak allowing water to run into the floor, not easy to fix. 

On the AC. You will need to replace all the O-Rings in the system with the new green type so it will hold the new refrigerant unless you stay with R-12. You will need a new filter dryer that is attached to the LF of the condenser. You should have the entire system flushed by a shop that can do a good job and put all new oil in the compressor. The under dash part of the AC is not easy to remove. You do have to take the dash loose and mover out of the way. For sure replace the heater core while the AC / heater box is out. Test the new core before installing they do have leaks from the factory.

For about any of your projects you can do a search of the Forum and find an answer. 

I have 5 verts in various conditions from parts cars to original 48,000 mile driver. 

If you order the cheap Marti report for $18.00 will give you info on how your car came from factory. The Sport wheel covers you have a very difficult to find nice ones. When you go to get tires be sure to point out to them that they are wheel covers not mag wheels. Many have the fake lugs twisted off or mangled because they thought they were real wheels not covers. 

You mentioned PB and that is not as easy as you might thing either. Search the Forum for details.

You have to be tough on your projects on the car they tend to snowball and grow bigger. 

Again your car but take a look at pics of verts with rear spoiler and without. Also the side stripes can be removed easily enough but you would need to do the Decor Group add to look original. See there is the snowball. 

Here is a picture of a Decor Group like could have had side stripes but did not come with. It is a 73 which is different on the chrome on the front fender next to bumper. 

DSC-1058.jpg

When a man is in the woods and talks and no women are there is he still wrong??:P

David

I did get a little time to work on my console this weekend.

I did have trouble with the center section that goes around the shifter bezel. i cleaned it up like everything else, spent nearly 4 hours masking the little chrome details, painted it, and the paint lifted the old finish from the bare plastic and bubbled. needless to say i was somewhat unhappy. will need to redo all that part..

IMG-0023-002.jpg

IMG-0025-002.jpg

IMG-0027-002.jpg

IMG-0029-002.jpg

Nice convertible. But I also say no stripes or spoilers. I have a 72 that was ordered with Decor Group and side stripes.

Otherwise, mine would not have stripes. It is about 95% original. Your car is very original in appearance. And that by itself is VERY rare. Even the sport wheel covers are a nice option.

I do hope you enjoy your car.

Welcome from Oklahoma.

1971 Boss 351  

1972 Q code 4 speed convertible 

1971 Mustang Sportsroof  351-2V FMX 

1971 Hardtop (parts car)

1973 Mach 1 (parts car)