• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to 7173 Mustangs.com and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

PS Bracket 429 SCJ

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know nothing about the 429 but you would think that the 351 bracket would be same just different aluminum spacer? I lost my link to the Mustang parts book but I think link is on Forum somewhere. Have you confirmed it is different? 

Of course it is very different on AC cars.
The bracket for the 429 CJ or SCJ is indeed different than the unit for the 351 motor. Here is the way it is supposed to look. 

I have that part in case you'd need some detailed measurements to make one may you'd fail to find one or find one at gold price.

This part being only found on 71 with AC 429, it's not gonna be easy to locate one.

With proper 2D CAD drawing, you can these days let a company doing plasma cutting do the hard work. With 3 pieces and minor bending work/welding, you could get a fairly close to original result..

I could make a flat template for you may you want to go that way.

This part being only found on 71 with AC 429, it's not gonna be easy to locate one.
The bracket was used in a multitude of 429 & 460 powered vehicles, both passenger car and truck. I bought one new from Ford in the early 00s for a 429 Torino project. 

Part # you're looking for is D0AZ-3C511-F

The bracket was used in a multitude of 429 & 460 powered vehicles, both passenger car and truck. I bought one new from Ford in the early 00s for a 429 Torino project. 

Part # you're looking for is D0AZ-3C511-F
Ah yes, I always forget there are other cars than Mustangs!! :D

Where did you buy the part?

All I find on this particular part (and usually most 429 specifics)

are pages with "out of stock" or "sold" when there are used ones popping up

https://secure.cougarpartscatalog.com/d0az-3c511-f.html

found the install doc, at the bottom some vehicles are listed... but for these, the part is different,

like this one. Probably near to what Ponypastor found that was on a 400.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1971-1972-1973-Mustang-Maverick-Torino-Mercury-ORIG-302-P-S-PUMP-w-A-C-BRACKET/152270888658?epid=1223084027&hash=item23740d5ed2:g:ef0AAOSwmLlX-B~t

Bought it direct from the local Ford dealer around 2000 or 2001. IIRC, it was $65.

Of course it's only listed as a 429CJ part, that adds to the perceived value and rarity. Think of all the BOSS 351 and BOSS 302 parts that are pedestrian stuff off a Galaxie or Maverick.

It looks exactly like the one on the 72 429 I pulled from a mercury marquis. It had a/c.

My search for the PS Pump bracket is over with. 

TommyK had what I needed from a prior 460 set up in his pile of parts and now is on its way to me. 

Thanks for all the help and input and thanks to TommyK!

Have a blessed thanksgiving.

Back