Best Direct Fit Radiator

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wrobinson

Reaction score
My Car
My 13 year old wants to build a 1971-73 Mach 1 Mustang for his first car. We have found a Grabber Blue with white interior base model 1971 Mach 1 to start on.
Greetings once again,

I am in the process of gathering needed parts for my son's 1973 Q code Mach 1 build. What is the best direct fit factory style radiator and shroud to buy? I want the car to stay cool on 100 degree south Mississippi days. Probably the bigger the better. I will probably do the clutch fan upgrade that Hemikiller suggested in an earlier post.

I am still running my original radiator and shroud and have zero overheat problems. Even sitting in traffic at 100 during the hot rod power tour. Engine is not stock.

i'm running a "champion" rad. i don't have AC but i got an AC rad for it's a little wider. it's a 3 core alum i got off ebay but i'd suggest going to champion's web site. it was a plug n play. this is my 3rd one (3cars) and i'd buy it again. u can find out what u have by the where the upper bracket for rad located. there are 2 threaded holes on top. the inner is non ac and outer is with ac. if u have a non ac and want to stay that way then u need a non ac shroud. the shrouds are different from ac and non ac. now if u stay with non ac contact rackem he might have one.

I am still running my original radiator and shroud and have zero overheat problems. Even sitting in traffic at 100 during the hot rod power tour. Engine is not stock.
73pony,

I wish my car had the original radiator to use. Unfortunately that is not the case.

i'm running a "champion" rad. i don't have AC but i got an AC rad for it's a little wider. it's a 3 core alum i got off ebay but i'd suggest going to champion's web site. it was a plug n play. this is my 3rd one (3cars) and i'd buy it again. u can find out what u have by the where the upper bracket for rad located. there are 2 threaded holes on top. the inner is non ac and outer is with ac. if u have a non ac and want to stay that way then u need a non ac shroud. the shrouds are different from ac and non ac. now if u stay with non ac contact rackem he might have one.
delawarebill,

I will check into Champion radiators, thanks. The stock shroud will work on these?

delawarebill,

I will check into Champion radiators, thanks. The stock shroud will work on these?
yes it will. sorry for the delay but got a new computer and had trouble signing on to site

Back