How many were produced???

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

machattack

Reaction score
My Car
1971 mustang mach 1 351c 4v auto fmx
1968 mustang gt 302 4v 4 speed
Hello stang lovers.

I began to investigate just how many 1971 mach ones were produced. Then it dawned on me .......ask the pros.

So how many 1971 mach 1's  with a L,f,h,q,c, and j code were produced?

Our 71 is a h code. 

Thank you for your help!

Rod

Marti does not break out the numbers into two groups, fastback and Mach 1 he has them all in one lump in his book, Mustang By the Numbers.

I do think when you get a Marti report that he does tell you how many there were.

There were no L or 6 cylinder Mach 1 the base engine was the 302. 

The Mach 1 package was an appearance group really and not much performance there unless you paid for more options that could be ordered on any model. 

The base Mach 1 exclusive items would be the following.

Plastic inserts in the front carpet.

Honey comb panel on rear.

The words Mach 1 on tape.

Mach 1 sports interior option that was not part of the base was extra cost. 

Any other options could be ordered on coupe, vert or fastback models. 

The Mach 1 grill came on other models that got the Decor Group so it was not exclusive to Mach 1. 

You might go look at some of the Marti reports posted and should be able to get a number produced there.

I think the most rare option in 71 was the 3/4 vinyl roof just over 100 if I recall correct. 

Now where did I put my Marti book?

Hello stang lovers.

I began to investigate just how many 1971 mach ones were produced. Then it dawned on me .......ask the pros.

So how many 1971 mach 1's  with a L,f,h,q,c, and j code were produced?

Our 71 is a h code. 

Thank you for your help!

Rod
Can't find my Marti book, but from an elite report for a 71 Mach 1 on this site - 36,498 Mach 1s.

https://www.7173mustangs.com/thread-1971-ford-mustang-mach-1-marti-report

This is the base content for the 1971 Mach 1

sportsroof body style with unique "05" VIN code & "63R" body code on door tag

Color keyed Urethane front "spoiler" bumper

Color Keyed front fender and hood trim

Honeycomb grille in black w/sportlamps

Argent or black "Mach 1 - MUSTANG" decals on fenders

Argent or black stripe and "Mach 1" decal on the trunklid

Argent or black lower body accent paint

Bright aluminum trim at lower body paint line

E70-14 white sidewall tires w/ hub caps & trim rings on 7" wide steel wheels

color keyed dual racing mirrors w/driver side remote

Honeycomb tail lightpanel applique with bright trim

Unique pop open gas cap

F-code 302-2V engine w/3 speed manual transmission

Competition Suspension (HD springs & shocks), variable quick-ratio steering box if ordered with P/S

base Mustang vinyl interior

flat hood - the NACA scooped hood was a no-cost OPTION for the base engine

This breaks them down by body type. I've never been able to come up with a break-out by engine types.

http://classicponycars.com/production.html
Thanks fellers

i think you 3 brain “e” acts could figure out how to get to the moon?

this forum is filled with awesome people who will help at the drop of a hat 

many thanks

Ps:

if you ever figure out code by engine I would love to know that info. Maybe we will never find out?

I'm going to try something, using Marti Reports. The biggest problem is the engine/transmission combinations are grouped together in the "1 of xxx". However, if I can get enough examples I should be able to break them out, using the engine and transmissions that are installed in each car that has a Marti Report listed in our forum.

As many of you know, I like spreadsheets, so I am going to start entering data, may take a while, so have patience :)

I'm going to try something, using Marti Reports. The biggest problem is the engine/transmission combinations are grouped together in the "1 of xxx". However, if I can get enough examples I should be able to break them out, using the engine and transmissions that are installed in each car that has a Marti Report listed in our forum.

As many of you know, I like spreadsheets, so I am going to start entering data, may take a while, so have patience :)
If anybody can pull this off it’s you don

thanks from all of us!!!

rod

ps:my wife’s car is a 1971 Mach with 351c 2v fmx red interior gauge package my wife’s name is mustang sally

Thank you. That's interesting, I wonder why Marti sent that, just because it's a one of a kind? I haven't seen any if the deluxe reports that are broken down that far, so maybe it's an Elite Report's extra information, personalized?

Yes, the Elite gives you the "ego boost" 1 of 1 breakdown.

I saw one posted the other day that was "1 of" because it had the small console with E70-14 tires. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Back