Good Deal or Not?....

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

7173Vert

Reaction score
My Car
1971 Convertible, 1973 Hardtop
He was asking $400.00 I Paid $375.00 at the All Ford Swap Meet in Columbus, Ohio this past weekend. He also had a nice black one, I think he was asking $420.00 for that one. This one I purchased really,is in nice shape. The right colour, even came with the clock which probably does not work LOL. (Can be converted though)...

When I see the price they want for the aftermarket console units, this seems like a good price for an original piece. Very hard to find an original console in very good shape  today. Still, a lot of coin for a console.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, that was a good deal.

Nice Piece and its what you wanted.  Don't look back, just enjoy it.

kcmash

Looks like a great deal. To find an original one, in that colour, and looks to be in great shape. Well done!!

How was the armrest pad on the black one?  And the flocking on the bin?  Was the ash tray there?
I did not look at the black one closely. Sorry. It looked nice on the outside and if it was anything like the condition of the Ginger one I got; it would be a great piece. I do know the Seller was out of Michigan, as I recall...

That is a very good price for not needing restoration. Last one I sold on Ebay to a Cougar owner was $550 and needed nothing. 

Heck the clocks go for $200 at times. Daniel Carpenter makes the box lids that are correct inside and out but only in black so you have to paint. You can get the flocking from suppliers to respray inside the box. 

The chrome around the shifter is difficult to find a good one for sure. 

Did you get the wire harness with the console? Mustang did not have lighted ash tray Cougar did. My 73 came with a Cougar harness so they did light some Mustangs. 

Here is what my 12,000 mile one looked like.

They are expensive to ship due to the box size you have to protect from them throwing it around also.

You did very good on that buy. BTW they use to sell for $30.00 years back. The new repo ones do no have the right texture molded into them not the same. 

That is a very good price for not needing restoration. Last one I sold on Ebay to a Cougar owner was $550 and needed nothing. 

Heck the clocks go for $200 at times. Daniel Carpenter makes the box lids that are correct inside and out but only in black so you have to paint. You can get the flocking from suppliers to respray inside the box. 

The chrome around the shifter is difficult to find a good one for sure. 

Did you get the wire harness with the console? Mustang did not have lighted ash tray Cougar did. My 73 came with a Cougar harness so they did light some Mustangs. 

Here is what my 12,000 mile one looked like.

They are expensive to ship due to the box size you have to protect from them throwing it around also.

You did very good on that buy. BTW they use to sell for $30.00 years back. The new repo ones do no have the right texture molded into them not the same. 

I think the one i got is in better overall condition based on your pic's. I knew it was a good price, that is why i snapped it up... I have the pigtails for the under dash clock hook-up as well. This made my trip down to Columbus well worth the drive. The bonus of course, was coming across an extremely nice BELTS light for my 71 J Code vert and only paid 40 bucks.... Great trip overall.

Last edited by a moderator:
I found an original ginger console all complete five years ago on Epay for about 300 Dollars. It was and is without cracks, complete, has a light paint refresh and a still working original clock. Shipping and customs to Germany made it almost a 500 Dollar piece but it was well worth it  ::thumb::

Back