Spacer between head and PS Pump bracket

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For all of you who own a big block 429, I need to know the length of the spacer that fits in between the cylinder head and the Power Steering Pump bracket. Thank you.
 Mine's an aluminum spacer, 1.000" in length and 1.023" in diameter.  Don't know the hole size through the center, (it's on the car) but I'd guess it's 7/16 or 1/2". Hope

this helps!

For all of you who own a big block 429, I need to know the length of the spacer that fits in between the cylinder head and the Power Steering Pump bracket. Thank you.
 Mine's an aluminum spacer, 1.000" in length and 1.023" in diameter.  Don't know the hole size through the center, (it's on the car) but I'd guess it's 7/16 or 1/2". Hope

this helps!

Thanks. Appreciate your help and picture. I take it you mean one inch in length. Mine (which I cut down to its size from a larger spacer) is 1 1/8 inch long. Looks like I can shave it down a wee bit more so long as the PS pulley and water pump pulley line up. 

Back