Where can I find an option list and details

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dark Horse

Reaction score
My Car
1972 Mustang 351 CJ w/ auto Q code convertible.
1971 Chevelle SS 454 4 speed
Where can I find an option list and what each option breaks down into?

My car (72 vert)has options like decor group and instrumentation group and competition  suspension.

What exactly is included in each of thos groups?

Is there a website that breaks down these that I can look at?

Thanks

LOL, I just posted some info on your other post about the vert options. You had stated it had been made up like a Mach 1. All of the options on the car are correct at this time. The decor group got you the Mach 1 grill and lower trim and black out. No rocker trim or wheel well trim with Decor Group. 

The NASA hood came with the Q code engine option. The competition suspension was an option on any model with certain V-8 requirement. I think better springs, rear sway bar and staggered rear shocks were in it.

Like you were referred to the Ford Facts Book will tell you all.

You can order the cheap $17.00 Marti report that he will email to you and get in a week or so that give exactly what your car came with. 

Convenience Group had automatic seat back releases, extra light under the dash to light the floor, light in center of the dash above the AC vents, and maybe seat belt warning light. 

When you go looking for a top check our Kee in Charlotte, NC. They have really nice fitting tops. All 71 - 73 verts had glass rear window and were power. If it still has the Ford rear glass you might want to keep if not scratched up. I am sure they could bond it in the new back window curtain. Never really understood why they make the back window unzip. I never opened mine on my 65 or 73. 

The most difficult to find item for engine is a CJ air cleaner with the chrome lid and extra vent in rear. 

Most difficult interior would probably be good rear side panels without speaker holes, tilt column, original door panels and original Comfort Weave seat material. SMS has been reported to have found someone to weave the material. 

When you take the interior out be sure and search for your build sheet or sheets. Can be under a seat cushion, under carpet, or even under the sound deadening or stuffed into the seat riser welded to the floor. That tells all about your car. 

If you trunk has place for a space saver spare that means you had Magnum 500 wheels originally. If in normal place then steel wheels. The buck tag I believe tells type wheel covers and Marti will also. Sport Wheel covers in great shape are difficult to locate also. 

All 72 & 73 verts got the deluxe door panels.

I have the Marti report and am posting a pic of it.

The car seems mostly original although the console is missing which I will replace

Here's the 1972 facts booklet. It shows the content of each model and of the available options.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/947qe257uuwhbwq/1972%20Mustang%20Facts%20Book_Rev10_1971.pdf?dl=0
Cool!  I've never seen that before.  Any chance the same but for 1973 is available?
Sure do. One of the other members here posted them.

1973 - https://www.dropbox.com/s/el9a3883ntux0ay/1973%20Mustang%20Facts%20Book%20_%20Rev%201%2073.pdf?dl=0

and for the 71 owners - https://www.dropbox.com/s/bne3n71aw75rav9/1971%20Mustang%20Facts%20Book_rev%20Feb%2015%201971.pdf?dl=0

Something to keep in mind is that many options have pre-requisites or "mandatory options" to order. A good example is the F60-15 tires, which requires the Competition Suspension option, but that was part of the 351-4V engine option.

Back