Can't see uploaded pics?

Question

When I create my post I try to add pics using the upload section. I can see the picture load and provides a green check mark in the top right corner. When I hit post the picture is gone? If I try to preview the pic it's not there? What am I missing? I have plenty of space.

www.puregemdetailing.com

8 answers to this question

When I create my post I try to add pics using the upload section. I can see the picture load and provides a green check mark in the top right corner. When I hit post the picture is gone? If I try to preview the pic it's not there? What am I missing? I have plenty of space.

I think the photo is too large...try resizing and then upload again.  There is a small bug with the uploader that doesn't show an error when the image is larger than what the server allows.  Even though you have disc space, the server only permits images up to a certain size.  I'll have to look to see what the limit is but I'm pretty sure this is the issue here.

spacer.png

I think the photo is too large...try resizing and then upload again.  There is a small bug with the uploader that doesn't show an error when the image is larger than what the server allows.  Even though you have disc space, the server only permits images up to a certain size.  I'll have to look to see what the limit is but I'm pretty sure this is the issue here.

I have the same experience if the picture or attachment is too large and it won't upload. The upload bar thing just stops. Smaller files have uploaded ok with the green check mark. For me, most of the picture I have are large format and yes, I do need to remember to resize them first, but I can't resize document files. Other than that, there has been much improvement to the site recently which is much appreciated.

Geoff.

Geoff.

I learn something new every day!

I have the same experience if the picture or attachment is too large and it won't upload. The upload bar thing just stops. Smaller files have uploaded ok with the green check mark. For me, most of the picture I have are large format and yes, I do need to remember to resize them first, but I can't resize document files. Other than that, there has been much improvement to the site recently which is much appreciated.

Geoff.

Actually, you can resize PDF's...

https://pdfcompressor.com/

Works great!  I use that site all the time!

spacer.png

Geoff.

Actually, you can resize PDF's...

https://pdfcompressor.com/

Works great!  I use that site all the time!

Ah! That's useful. I'm a computer illiterate so that's a great tip. I have some pretty neat Ford postcards that I was sent as a PDF, but it's too big to post. I'll have to try the link and then post. Ooops, first I need to switch to Chrome, doesn't work with Edge.

Geoff.

Geoff.

I learn something new every day!

Back to nothing happening again with trying to upload pics from my phone? Images are less than 4MB. What am I doing wrong? I click upload image, hit add attachment...and nothing.

www.puregemdetailing.com

Exact thing happened to me yesterday........ was driving me crazy. I told the folks i would upload a pic for them to see and it looked like it worked but then disappeared. The whole time Im sure the folks were thinking this dude is crazy has NO idea what he is doing :-(    Dont let anyone know I really dont know :chin:

I think it has something to do with the operating system. I had an Android tablet and would have that problem occasionally, and thought it was the browser, sometimes I could change from Chrome to Firefox and it would work, sometimes not. However, I never had the problem on my desktop, so about 3 months ago I bought a Dell tablet with MS 10 OS and haven't noticed having the problem, using Edge.

“If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough.”

--Albert Einstein

Just tried edge and that didn't work either? It's a shame, I'd love to post some pics of the TKO 600 install from this weekend.

www.puregemdetailing.com