1972 mustang mach 1 build

Scottyhudson

I'm trying to restore this abused H code mach 1 

A mach 1 has been my dream car for a really long time

I'm from carlsbad NM and even since I could drive I've wanted a mach 1

This ones been sitting in a yard for years and I'm the first person to work on it in the time

I'm planning on making it a rally race car

20191208-155000.jpg

Welcome from Texas! Are you going for a total restoration or just get it track ready only?

9-20-19-Mine-Again.jpg1972 Mach 1 351 Cleveland Ram Air, C6, 9 inch with 3.25 Posi, Sanderson Ceramic Headers, 2.5" dual H Pipe exhaust w/stainless tips, MSD Ignition, Edlelbrock 4BB Carb, Wilwood Front Discs, Summit Racing Rear Discs.

Welcome from Iowa.

73 Grande H Code. Headman long tube headers, T-5 Transmission, 3.70 Traclok, Lowered 1" all around, Aussie 2v heads w/ 2.19 intake, 1.71 exhaust, screw in studs, full roller cam 608/612 lift 280/281 duration LSA 112, Quick Fuel 750 CFM double pumper, AirGap intake.

- Jason

082-hot-rod-power-tour-2017-1970-1970s.jpg

Welcome from North Carolina. Long road ahead make a plan and stick to it. Read a lot before you get started so that you understand what is ahead.

When a man is in the woods and talks and no women are there is he still wrong??:P

David

Looks like you've planned your weekends activities for a few years!!

You can make plans, but I know from experience that no matter how good the plans are. They will evolve, change and you'll have to improvise.

On my part, not having the space luxury to take first the car to bare bones and take it from there which would be the best practice IMO.

I'd say no matter the order, all the parts need to be restored/made/bought anyway. So take one at a time, do not rush/skip steps and at some point, you'll see the end of the tunnel. Take as much picts as you can during the removal. What you take for obvious while busy might turn not that obvious years later.

Glad to see one more of these beauties will be saved! Good luck!

Welcome from the northern Netherlands

• Like 1

73 modified Grande 351C. (Finally back on the road woohoo!) 

71 429CJ. ( In progress )

Welcome from Oklahoma.

You might be surprised to find how many on here have some open track experience with their 71-3 Mustangs.

Ray

1971 Boss 351  

1972 Q code 4 speed convertible 

1971 Mustang Sportsroof  351-2V FMX 

1971 Hardtop (parts car)

1973 Mach 1 (parts car)