key switch cast assembly t=bolt help

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

B229218

Reaction score
My Car
71 mach 1 521 c.j.

Posted this to how to section too, anybody know how to hold the two little t-bolts to lower steering column ring so u can slide upper key cast assembly onto steering shaft?

You insert the t-bolts into the top casting and barely start the nuts, just one or two threads. This should allow enough play so the casting and t-bolts can be installed in the lower casting and then work the t-bolts into position and tighten the nuts.

You insert the t-bolts into the top casting and barely start the nuts, just one or two threads. This should allow enough play so the casting and t-bolts can be installed in the lower casting and then work the t-bolts into position and tighten the nuts.
Thank u , will try in a.m.  I never was any good at puzzles! :thankyouyellow:

When I did mine I did one at a time and held each bolt with a 90 degree bent screw driver and just barely started the nuts. You could use a little piece of strip caulk around the "T" to get it to stick. It's tricky so don't get frustrated! Good Luck...

Thank u so much, it worked like a charm. Dropped the assembly down and tightened the nuts.  :bravo:

Back