Thingy in roof moulding

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1971 Mach 1 w/408C stroker
Sorry for the poor title but I have no idea how this "thing" is called and therefore I can't search about it.

In the roof moulding there is this metal piece that I have no idea what is it called or what its function is. Looking at the illustration manual it appears to be marked as 222A44 (Section 8172). Mine is rusted and I was wondering if there is a way to fix it, or is it really needed? I see that it is attached to the moulding with what it looks like small rivets. I don't feel like I want to remove the rivets so I may have to repaint it in place.

Last edited by a moderator:
It is a metal thingy, lol.

You have to be careful how you adjust your up stops for window to keep from going too far. The Plastic coat is only thing I have found that is like original. You can also get the liquid electrical tape in a much smaller container that will probably work fine. There are two little rivets holding to roof rail if you want to remove it. You would probably have to make the rivets to go back.

It is a metal thingy, lol.

You have to be careful how you adjust your up stops for window to keep from going too far. The Plastic coat is only thing I have found that is like original. You can also get the liquid electrical tape in a much smaller container that will probably work fine. There are two little rivets holding to roof rail if you want to remove it. You would probably have to make the rivets to go back.
Expanding my vocabulary with "thingy" courtesy of my 7-year old..... Now i know it is a window guide.
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

question since we are talking about the window guide clip....Is this the same as the one on convertibles?

i have one that is missing and need a replacement. The one that was shown on CJ's, is that the same? If not, where can i find one for a vert?

Thanks,

Dan

question since we are talking about the window guide clip....Is this the same as the one on convertibles?

i have one that is missing and need a replacement.  The one that was shown on CJ's, is that the same?  If not, where can i find one for a vert?

Thanks,

Dan
Window clip or thingy? lollerz

Back