Thingy in roof moulding

Sorry for the poor title but I have no idea how this "thing" is called and therefore I can't search about it.

In the roof moulding there is this metal piece that I have no idea what is it called or what its function is. Looking at the illustration manual it appears to be marked as 222A44 (Section 8172). Mine is rusted and I was wondering if there is a way to fix it, or is it really needed? I see that it is attached to the moulding with what it looks like small rivets. I don't feel like I want to remove the rivets so I may have to repaint it in place.

20191215-232830e.jpg

20160929_171923_edit2_small.jpg

1971 M-Code Mach 1 w/Ram Air, 408 stroker, 285/291 0.558" roller cam, Blue Thunder intake, TKO600, Hooker headers with electric cut-offs, FiTech EFI w/ RobBMC PowerSurge pump

Strange center section with Truetrac, 3.5 gear and 31 spline axles, 4-wheel disc brakes

It keeps the window's top edge from being pulled out by air pressure at highway speeds.

I would clean, prime, and paint in place . . . and I would paint a final coat with plastidip or the like

http://www.7173mustangs.com/gallery/1_01_07_15_8_53_18.png

"I love my Hookers!" and "Get some Strange" probably have a different connotation to non automotive enthusiasts!

It keeps the window's top edge from being pulled out by air pressure at highway speeds.

I would clean, prime, and paint in place . . . and I would paint a final coat with plastidip or the like

That makes sense. Thank you. What is it called though?

1971 M-Code Mach 1 w/Ram Air, 408 stroker, 285/291 0.558" roller cam, Blue Thunder intake, TKO600, Hooker headers with electric cut-offs, FiTech EFI w/ RobBMC PowerSurge pump

Strange center section with Truetrac, 3.5 gear and 31 spline axles, 4-wheel disc brakes

http://www.7173mustangs.com/gallery/1_01_07_15_8_53_18.png

"I love my Hookers!" and "Get some Strange" probably have a different connotation to non automotive enthusiasts!

It is a metal thingy, lol.

You have to be careful how you adjust your up stops for window to keep from going too far. The Plastic coat is only thing I have found that is like original. You can also get the liquid electrical tape in a much smaller container that will probably work fine. There are two little rivets holding to roof rail if you want to remove it. You would probably have to make the rivets to go back.

When a man is in the woods and talks and no women are there is he still wrong??:P

David

It is a metal thingy, lol.

You have to be careful how you adjust your up stops for window to keep from going too far. The Plastic coat is only thing I have found that is like original. You can also get the liquid electrical tape in a much smaller container that will probably work fine. There are two little rivets holding to roof rail if you want to remove it. You would probably have to make the rivets to go back.

Expanding my vocabulary with "thingy" courtesy of my 7-year old..... Now i know it is a window guide.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

question since we are talking about the window guide clip....Is this the same as the one on convertibles?

i have one that is missing and need a replacement. The one that was shown on CJ's, is that the same? If not, where can i find one for a vert?

Thanks,

Dan

IMG-20191217-131829002.jpg

question since we are talking about the window guide clip....Is this the same as the one on convertibles?

i have one that is missing and need a replacement.  The one that was shown on CJ's, is that the same?  If not, where can i find one for a vert?

Thanks,

Dan

Window clip or thingy? lollerz