More posts

Vinnie

Question

Hi,

I just wanted to read up on a thread spanning over 50 pages of messages. Having to click on the next button 50 times can be a tad annoying so I was wondering if an option could be created to load more messages at once. I realise this puts a penalty on loading speed but that would be the user's choice...

Just an idea, curious to read your thoughts on this.

Cheers,

Vincent.

5 answers to this question

Go to the left side of the header, where it says "Welcome back, Vinnie", pull down the menu and click on "Edit Options". Then on the right side of the next page you'll see "Forum Display Options", under that "Threads per Page", select how many you want to display.

“If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough.”

--Albert Einstein

Awesome, thanks! Gonna test with 150 posts per page which is the maximum :-)

There is a plugin that allows endless scrolling but I am hesitant to add it because it would probably cause more strain on the server slowing things down.  I'll take a look but hopefully the settings mentioned above will help!

spacer.png

The other forum i read a lot (Corvette forum) has a feature that auto-loads the next page when you get close to the last post on the current page - IS that the same plugin you mention above? I have no idea if it requires more server "muscle", but it a nice feature.They have been using it quite a while now.

Black 1971 Mach 1

351C/FMX/TrickFlow Heads/Lunati Retro Roller Conversion

Classic Auto AC, Manual Front Discs, Upgraded Springs/Shocks/Close-Ratio Steering

IMG-2977.jpg

Awesome, thanks! Gonna test with 150 posts per page which is the maximum :-)

There is a plugin that allows endless scrolling but I am hesitant to add it because it would probably cause more strain on the server slowing things down.  I'll take a look but hopefully the settings mentioned above will help!

The setting already helps a lot! No need to add server straining plugins buddy :-)