For Sale in Michigan

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@73pony

[seem a bit pricy for the condition of a 73 Grandé??]

Just think of the headaches this rust free car eliminates...
Somewhat I guess. Issue I have is I paid less than $5k for a rust free (San Diego DSO) complete running and driving 73 Grande H Code with 67,000 original miles on it back in July 2015. Yes it had a respray to a color other than the original brown. The only work I have done to the car is engine mods, transmission (conversion to 5 speed), and some interior mods that were done because that is what I wanted. 

I hope it sells for that to be honest. Just makes my car worth more.

I'm thinking that this is one of David's (Carolina_Mountain_Mustang) cars.

It does look like it might be a pretty headache free restoration.

Mike

I thought he was somewhere in North Carolina not up north in Michigan.
If you look at the name in parentheses (Hendersonville) and zoom out on the map you see the car is in North Carolina. Don't know why it's on the Ann Arbor C.L., maybe close to Detroit, Ford country, rust belt? David will have to explain that one.

Last edited by a moderator:
He said he put it on the Detroit Craigslist, and a few others I think. I live in the Detroit area and was looking for this the other day but I didn’t see it. I do now.

Ah Ha took you guys long enough to find it, lol. I always advertise in places with lots of rust. It is in Florida and N.Y. also. 

Yes it is priced high. I talked with my friend that does restorations and he stated that not having to replace all the normal panels would save at least $10,000. 

It was over $1,000 to ship from California where he was to here. The engine and some other parts will be here before the end of January. 

It does have all the right options not just a plain Jane coupe. I see you guys buy a rust bucket that needs a cowl, floor pans, seat risers, trunk, tail light panel, quarters and wheel houses and spend hundreds of hours working on them and you have a car that none of the sheet metal is Ford that still has lots of rust. 

Maybe I look at it wrong but how many have you seen that require no panels to be replaced? 

If the kid had not taken the car apart would still be running and driving but like most that have never done one he jumped in and took it about 25% apart and decided he could not do it and go to college also. 

I guess my math and work logic is different. It would take all the work out of a restore. Could just part out and do pretty good with all the good options and solid metal. 

Here is the Marti I did not have when I posted the ad.

There is the option to make an offer also, lol.

3F04H141423_dlxrpt.pdf

Attachments

• 3F04H141423_dlxrpt.pdf
    314.1 KB · Views: 10
I'm thinking that this is one of David's (Carolina_Mountain_Mustang) cars.

It does look like it might be a pretty headache free restoration.

Mike

I thought he was somewhere in North Carolina not up north in Michigan.
I'm pretty sure, maybe he'll let us know one way or the other.
My guess is because he just bought it off NC craigslist for the money it's actually worth and doesn't want to list it there

@73pony

[seem a bit pricy for the condition of a 73 Grandé??]

Just think of the headaches this rust free car eliminates...
Somewhat I guess. Issue I have is I paid less than $5k for a rust free (San Diego DSO) complete running and driving 73 Grandé H Code with 67,000 original miles on it back in July 2015. Yes it had a respray to a color other than the original brown. The only work I have done to the car is engine mods, transmission (conversion to 5 speed), and some interior mods that were done because that is what I wanted. 

I hope it sells for that to be honest. Just makes my car worth more.
Keep in mind I might have been a tad sarcastic using one of David's quote... ;)

Back