73pony

Hot Rod Power Tour 2020

Just saw that locations are posted for 2020 Hot Rod Power Tour. I will likely be attending the last three stops, Champagne, IL, Davenport, IA, and Madison, WI.

Here is the link. If anyone is planning to go post it up here. I went on a portion in 2017 and had a blast.

https://www.hotrod.com/events/power-tour/

73 Grande H Code. Headman long tube headers, T-5 Transmission, 3.70 Traclok, Lowered 1" all around, Aussie 2v heads w/ 2.19 intake, 1.71 exhaust, screw in studs, full roller cam 608/612 lift 280/281 duration LSA 112, Quick Fuel 750 CFM double pumper, AirGap intake.

- Jason

082-hot-rod-power-tour-2017-1970-1970s.jpg

Be sure you have good protection on your car. When they came to Charlotte last year was either 4 or 5 cars stolen and they never found any of them. One guy had even taken his steering wheel off and they still stole it. Stole from hotel lots all in one night. I think all were GM vehicles. They say they follow them around study what cars to hit and have everything ready they need. 

I know next year at the MOM I am getting plastic coated chain to go through each wheel to under car with pad lock, remove coil wire and park and block in a corner. 

Last year I was at hotel that you could throw a rock to the local police station but this year will be in different hotel.

When a man is in the woods and talks and no women are there is he still wrong??:P

David

I've already booked hotels... 3rd time long hauler. There are a decent number of 71-73s on the tour. Our cars are GREAT road cars.

I'd encourage anyone to try it out. A few cars were taken, most likely were snag and drags. There's not much you can effectively do. I'd recommend good insurance and some sort of GPS tracker.

IMG-2169.jpg

[align=left]Jeff T.

When I die I want to die like grandpa, peacefully in my sleep... not screaming, like his passengers. [/align]

This is awesome. I have to do this. It ends in Madison where I live. Did you book each hotel individually on your own or is there a way to book all at once?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

20160929_171923_edit2_small.jpg

1971 M-Code Mach 1 w/Ram Air, 408 stroker, 285/291 0.558" roller cam, Blue Thunder intake, TKO600, Hooker headers with electric cut-offs, FiTech EFI w/ RobBMC PowerSurge pump

Strange center section with Truetrac, 3.5 gear and 31 spline axles, 4-wheel disc brakes

This is awesome. I have to do this. It ends in Madison where I live. Did you book each hotel individually on your own or is there a way to book all at once?

You can book rooms yourself at each stop or you can use their travel agent and pay them (usually more )

adpic.jpg

You can book rooms yourself at each stop or you can use their travel agent and pay them (usually more )

+1 I usually just book my own place on Hotels.com or other sites. Much cheaper.

73 Grande H Code. Headman long tube headers, T-5 Transmission, 3.70 Traclok, Lowered 1" all around, Aussie 2v heads w/ 2.19 intake, 1.71 exhaust, screw in studs, full roller cam 608/612 lift 280/281 duration LSA 112, Quick Fuel 750 CFM double pumper, AirGap intake.

- Jason

082-hot-rod-power-tour-2017-1970-1970s.jpg

Question. I can see the schedule, but how do i know when they travel between locations. When they say it starts on July 7, does that mean that they drive the 7th to the next site in Dayton, or they drive the 8th to Dayton?

1971 M-Code Mach 1 w/Ram Air, 408 stroker, 285/291 0.558" roller cam, Blue Thunder intake, TKO600, Hooker headers with electric cut-offs, FiTech EFI w/ RobBMC PowerSurge pump

Strange center section with Truetrac, 3.5 gear and 31 spline axles, 4-wheel disc brakes

Question. I can see the schedule, but how do i know when they travel between locations. When they say it starts on July 7, does that mean that they drive the 7th to the next site in Dayton, or they drive the 8th to Dayton?

Another question for those that have done the tour before. When you start in the morning do you go back to the fairgrounds or you just drive from your hotel to the next destination?

You would want to book a room in the city where the show is for the day. For instance if the power tour stops in Dayton on the 8th then you would spend the night in Dayton. You drive to the city where the show is, go to show that day then leave in the morning for next city.

adpic.jpg

Another question for those that have done the tour before. When you start in the morning do you go back to the fairgrounds or you just drive from your hotel to the next destination?

Most people leave from their hotels in the morning and skip drivers meetings.

adpic.jpg

Most people leave from their hotels in the morning and skip drivers meetings.

Thank you. This is very helful. In those cities where there is no hotel close to the venue I am choosing hotels in the way out.

I am all booked. I have been wanting to do the Tour for a long time and since this year it ends at my city, i cant miss it. It will save me a drive back. Plus the drive to the start is just over 6 hours. It adds up when you take into account all the hotels but i think it will be worth it.

I hope we can make a 7173 group to meet up and help each other. What would be the best way to keep track of those attending?

I booked them myself.

[align=left]Jeff T.

When I die I want to die like grandpa, peacefully in my sleep... not screaming, like his passengers. [/align]

I am all booked. I have been wanting to do the Tour for a long time and since this year it ends at my city, i cant miss it. It will save me a drive back. Plus the drive to the start is just over 6 hours. It adds up when you take into account all the hotels but i think it will be worth it.

I hope we can make a 7173 group to meet up and help each other. What would be the best way to keep track of those attending?

You'll have a blast! My advice is to enjoy the route and the ride. I usually hit the route at about 8 or so and try to get to the venue about 2 or 3. Hit the vendors and collect your freebies, punch your credential, wander around a bit and head to the hotel. You'll NEVER see all of the cars on any given day.

I'm game for a (or everyday) meetup. Let's PM contact info and plan for some group travel.

Another thing to check out would be the Laid Back Garage Chill Fest. Great folks and normally a good time.

[align=left]Jeff T.

For those of you that don't know, the Tour was moved to August. This was to be expected due to the virus and social distancing. I am all booked up for the new dates. Only two venues changed: Dayton and Madison, WI. I hope I can meet as many of you as possible.

August 23: Summit Motorsports Park; Norwalk, Ohio

August 24: National Trail Raceway; Hebron, Ohio (NEW VENUE AND CITY)

August 25: Indiana State Fairgrounds; Indianapolis, Indiana (NEW VENUE)

August 26: WWT Raceway at Gateway; St. Louis, Missouri

August 27: University of Illinois, State Farm Center; Champaign, Illinois

August 28: Mississippi Valley Fairgrounds; Davenport, Iowa

August 29: Chicagoland Speedway; Joliet, Illinois (NEW VENUE AND CITY)

I have my hotels setup for new dates and towns.  I hope to meet up and possibly run the route with a many of you as I can.

I'm going! New hotels booked and ready to roll. It would be fun to cruise together. I'm looking forward to some top down, cigar smoking therapy.

[align=left]Jeff T.

Unfortunately the Hot Rod Power Tour has been cancelled in case you guys have not yet read the news. I was very excited about it this year since the route was closed to me.:classic_angry:

8 hours ago, tony-muscle said:

Unfortunately the Hot Rod Power Tour has been cancelled in case you guys have not yet read the news. I was very excited about it this year since the route was closed to me.:classic_angry:

All I can say 2020 sux 🤨

adpic.jpg