Rocker Panel replacement

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1972 Mach1 (wife's)
My 73 Mach 1 had damage on both sides and I replaced the damaged areas with replacement rocker panels....no issues or problems. Cutting the old ones out and shaping the area took more time then welding in the new pieces----just take your time.

My 73 Mach 1 had damage on both sides and I replaced the damaged areas with replacement rocker panels....no issues or problems. Cutting the old ones out and shaping the area took more time then welding in the new pieces----just take your time.

Thanks! Where did you get your replacement rocker panels?

No experience with the repop rockers, but Mac's has been around a long time. I used them for a 65 Falcon project and had no issues.

That said, the panel you linked to looks like what we'd call a "repair" rocker, that slips over the damaged original and is welded in place. Not exactly a good repair and given how much effort you appear to be putting int this project, not something you would be happy with.

IMO, get a section from a parts car - talk to Don @ Ohio Mustang or Mike @ Motorcity Mustang.

No experience with the repop rockers, but Mac's has been around a long time. I used them for a 65 Falcon project and had no issues.

That said, the panel you linked to looks like what we'd call a "repair" rocker, that slips over the damaged original and is welded in place. Not exactly a good repair and given how much effort you appear to be putting int this project, not something you would be happy with.

IMO, get a section from a parts car - talk to Don @ Ohio Mustang or Mike @ Motorcity Mustang.

Thanks!

Back