Rocker Panel replacement

The passenger rocker panel on my wife's 72 Mach 1 needs replacement due to old accident damage that was repaired some time ago. Looking for a reproduction part I found a website that offers a replacement part. 

Does anyone have experience with macsautoparts? Is this a suitable replacement? Or is a donor car a better option? Thanks.

https://www.macsautoparts.com/ford_mustang/ford-mustang-rocker-panel-outer-right-all-models-419037.html

Brett

My 73 Mach 1 had damage on both sides and I replaced the damaged areas with replacement rocker panels....no issues or problems. Cutting the old ones out and shaping the area took more time then welding in the new pieces----just take your time.

My 73 Mach 1 had damage on both sides and I replaced the damaged areas with replacement rocker panels....no issues or problems. Cutting the old ones out and shaping the area took more time then welding in the new pieces----just take your time.

Thanks! Where did you get your replacement rocker panels?

Brett

No experience with the repop rockers, but Mac's has been around a long time. I used them for a 65 Falcon project and had no issues.

That said, the panel you linked to looks like what we'd call a "repair" rocker, that slips over the damaged original and is welded in place. Not exactly a good repair and given how much effort you appear to be putting int this project, not something you would be happy with.

IMO, get a section from a parts car - talk to Don @ Ohio Mustang or Mike @ Motorcity Mustang.

No experience with the repop rockers, but Mac's has been around a long time. I used them for a 65 Falcon project and had no issues.

That said, the panel you linked to looks like what we'd call a "repair" rocker, that slips over the damaged original and is welded in place. Not exactly a good repair and given how much effort you appear to be putting int this project, not something you would be happy with.

IMO, get a section from a parts car - talk to Don @ Ohio Mustang or Mike @ Motorcity Mustang.

Thanks!

Brett