'73 front seat belts wanted - black

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1973 351-2v Convertible
1973 351-2v Mach 1
1973 351-4V Q code Mach 1
64.5 Coupe
65 convertible
65 cobra kirkham
I'm looking for 1 or preferably a pair of black, original retractable seat belts for my '73 convertible. The driver side unit apparently got wet and the belt and rewind assembly is rusty and won't work. These have the wire connection for the seat belt buzzer.

I'm in Houston, Tx

I'm looking for 1 or preferably a pair of black, original retractable seat belts for my '73 convertible. The driver side unit apparently got wet and the belt and rewind assembly is rusty and won't work. These have the wire connection for the seat belt buzzer.

I'm in Houston, Tx
What is the date and code numbers on the tag. Ford used a couple of styles

Don

I'm in Houston, Tx

[/quote If you have the original you can send them to Dallas Mustang. They offer a restoration service. They can rebuild your hardware and replace the webbing. I had some of mine replaced and my shoulder belts redone they look great and was very reasonable.

They are marked H-233 24-73

What is the date and code numbers on the tag. Ford used a couple of styles

Don

The rewind spring is broken on the one unit. I checked with Ssnake-oyl products and they want like $250 to reweb them, but said nothing about repairing the rewind unit. I'll give Dallas Mustang a call on Monday.

Thanks.

[/quote If you have the original you can send them to Dallas Mustang. They offer a restoration service. They can rebuild your hardware and replace the webbing. I had some of mine replaced and my shoulder belts redone they look great and was very reasonable.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back