Air Cleaner Label

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Quarlo73

Reaction score
My Car
1973 Mustang Mach 1 351C
I’m having a problem with a label for the rebuild of my 73 Mach 1.  It’s a 351C 2V and I’ve ordered a new decal for the air cleaner from two different vendors and you can see by the picture my problem, the radius of the half circle is too large,  but I can only seem to find this one size. Sometimes I can find one where the last square to the right is blue instead of white,  but never a mention of a smaller diameter.  Anyone run into this?

It seems that they are made incorrect. Osborne in Georgia makes all of them I think no matter where you buy them It is a licensed product from Ford due to the Logos.

Maybe you should get in tough with Osborne and send pics and if enough complain maybe he will fix them.

I have seen sever cut little wedges out to change the arch on the decal.

Looks like they gave you the decal for the larger diameter air cleaner.  I am unsure what the criteria was for switching from the larger air cleaners to the smaller ones.  Mine originally came with a large diameter air cleaner on a 351C 2V in 71.  I have seen a lot of smaller diameter air cleaners on the 73's.

Having said that, I am unimpressed with the "accuracy" of the vendors providing the "correct" decals.   I ordered the "correct" decals for a Boss 351 air cleaner, and now everyone says they are incorrect even though the Mustang Restoration Guide and all the vendors show this decal set.

You need to look for the smaller diameter decal.  After that just make it something you like because I lost faith in finding he "correct" decals.

kcmash

You may have the '71 air cleaner. Wrong size decals for the air cleaners is a common problem. See post #5 in this thread.

https://www.7173mustangs.com/thread-solved-or-not-72-351-qcode-air-cleaner-decal?

Here's a more recent one that is too small

https://www.7173mustangs.com/thread-air-cleaner-decals?

You can find more by searching the forum (under "More" at the upper right of this page)

By the way, please go to the Introduction section of the "Forums" and introduce yourself and your car. We'd like seeing pictures of your car, too.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back