My 1973 Grande

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

A.Nilsson

Reaction score
My Car
Mustang Grande 1973 351Q C6
hi !!

I am unfortunately very bad at writing here on the forum, but i thought I would share some of what I've done on my car.

I have been meaning to do this now for several years, but better late than never.

So here is a brief summary of the last three to four years.

The car is a 1973 Grande with 351 Q-code Engine, orgina it was brown with ginger interier and brown vinyl roof.

My dad bought the car many years ago and then it was already painted red and the vinyl roof was made black with black shoe polish.

Unfortunately my dad passed away about 8 years ago and after much thinking, I decided to keep his Mustang.

The car had not received the care it deserved the last few years so there was and still is quite a lot to do on it.

I don't have time for a total renovation but i try to keep it running and in decent condition.

Most urgent were the exhaust systems, front suspension and stopping existing rust,

https://ibb.co/TB8JkkY
1.jpg
[/URL]

I started with a new 2,5" exhaust with and new Hooker headers, the old was really bad.

At the same time I took the opportunity to paint the undercarriage, all the wheel housings, the engine compartment and the engine to stop them from rusting more than they already had done.

I also painted the floor on the inside and put in new anti noise material

the gearbox also leaked a lots so I picked it down to change gaskets but this derailed and ended with the whole gearbox getting an overhaul.

There are a lot of parts in a gearbox so I hope I got everyone in the right Place.

It also got a front spoiler

The front suspension was also in urgent need of some new part and new shock absorbers and new 1" lower springs i also mounted 1" lowering block at te rear

While dad owned the car we had to make some rust repairs on it and then this parts of the car where paintet but the color never got really right.

So the car was already in two different reds, you don't see it in the pictures but in reality you saw it very clearly.

Now I needed to repair more rust on it and then there would be a third red colcor on it

I didn't like that at all, so i came up with the stupid idea of painting the whole car.

I'm not going to say much about it more than the whole car has the same red color, in the picture it looks like it became god but it did not.

but I have seen worse and it have to do for now

21.jpg

think it looks cool with a montecarlobar so i made one

22.jpg

and that's how far I've come so far.

There are plans to install speakers in the doors and mount three point seatbelts in the back before spring.

I am also thinking about new rims 8x17 in front and 9x17 in the rear

https://www.google.se/url?sa=i&...ved=0CAIQjRxqFwoTCOiNqsj82OYCFQAAAAAdAAAAABAE http://www.tommysmotor.se/shop/ws44/40244/art44/h0108/157460108-origpic-0fed94.jpg[/img]

Maybe I can get a good price on four of these in 17" whit ET0

‘73 Q code automatic? Do you also have a/c?

Either way, would you mind taking a few pics of the under hood vacuum hose routing? I have a 3 port valve on the water pump and 2 port in the heater hoses, and a single vacuum distributor. Photos of yours might help when I start putting everything back together (I tagged the hoses but that all got lost when the engine was pulled).

Thanks in advance.

‘73 Q code automatic? Do you also have a/c?

Either way, would you mind taking a few pics of the under hood vacuum hose routing? I have a 3 port  valve on the water pump and 2 port in the heater hoses, and a single vacuum distributor. Photos of yours might help when I start putting everything back together (I tagged the hoses but that all got lost when the engine was pulled).

Thanks in advance.
no A/C

I don't think you have much help with how it is on my car because it's probably not like it was from the start.

Some previous owners have made some modifications to the Engine, but here are pictures of how it looks anyway.

it might be of some help

Thank you! Anything more near to the front, i.e., the valve on the water pump? And, do you have a single vacuum distributor?

I think most non-concours cars from (ahem) 50 years ago have had many modifications, but it does give me more clues as to what to do. It's a puzzle I'm trying to reassemble without a "here's what it looks like finished" example to go by.

Glad to see another Grandé getting some attention!

I like the rims. Looking for similar ones myself but want only polished aluminium as after 2 sets, I know the chrome won't last over here.

Do you have a link to these?

Thank you!  Anything more near to the front, i.e., the valve on the water pump? And, do you have a single vacuum distributor?

I think most non-concours cars from (ahem) 50 years ago have had many modifications, but it does give me more clues as to what to do.  It's a puzzle I'm trying to reassemble without a "here's what it looks like finished" example to go by.
Sorry i dont have any vacuum to the distributor and no valve on the waterpump so not much help there I'm afraid

Glad to see another Grandé getting some attention!

I like the rims. Looking for similar ones myself but want only polished aluminium as after 2 sets, I know the chrome won't last over here.

Do you have a link to these?
Google "barzetta america" and i think you will find many who sell them.

So you have had bad experiences with chrome, maybe I should rethink it to.

If the chrome dont last in The Netherlands I don't Think it will do much better in Sweden

Thank you!  Anything more near to the front, i.e., the valve on the water pump? And, do you have a single vacuum distributor?

I think most non-concours cars from (ahem) 50 years ago have had many modifications, but it does give me more clues as to what to do.  It's a puzzle I'm trying to reassemble without a "here's what it looks like finished" example to go by.
Sorry i dont have any vacuum to the distributor and no valve on the waterpump so not much help there I'm afraid
Alrighty then - at least that tells me they work without!

Hallo, haven't had time to do so much on the mustang but i thought i do an update on the ones that i have done.

I have mounted speakers in the front doors.

Three point seat belts in the back seat, feels much safer for the Children.

It's been a long time since I bought tubes to manufacture a couple of subframe connectors, but then I have not been done to do it.

Now I finally got it done

But the best I have saved for last, I have finally bought new Wheels, nothing extreme but I think it got a lot nicer.

8x17 inch rims with 225 tires in front and 9x17 inch rims with 255 tires in the rear.

That's all I've been up to lately

Very nice work! Can you provide a bit more detail on the rear seatbelts?

Thanks!
The seat belts are an aftermarket kit that a friend did not need any more. unfortunately they are in a bit too modern style but the important thing is that the children sit properly and safe.

The mounting was much simpler than I expected, I had two point seatbelts original and I could use both of the attachment points for these.

Just unscrewd the old and screwd in the new ones, more or less.

The roller was also quite easy to assemble, if you look under the shelf in the trunk, there is a hole in each corner that I drilled up and used for the rollers, I also put a large washer on the underside.

https://ibb.co/SrQjG8z[/URL]

20200229-145517.jpg

Back