Best seat foam?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1971 Mustang Convertible
1971 Mustang Mach I
1972 Mexican GT-351
1971 Mustang Convertible
1988 Bronco II
1970 Torino 4 door
I have found two different seat foam manufacturers, TMI and someone else. There is aprrox $30 difference per seat and I need 2 for the vert. Is it worth the extra $$ for the TMI?

Well ...

There is

TMI

Distinctive

Mustang Market   

auto pro ... India  no good

A high end USA co  I forget the name at the moment

Who's seat upholstery are you using... you may want to use the same brand foam.

If there is ever an issue,  the upholstery co can't blame the foam.

I used TMI.  I am happy with it.

kcmash

I installed the TMI sport seat 2 upholstery and foam on my stock seats. They are very comfortable. My only issue is the the side bolsters are way too soft and do not provide much side support.
Yours or the seats????
rofl

I also used TMI upholstery and foam.  Good stuff.

When you go to install, use some kind of a lubricant on the foam to help the seat covers slip on easier.  Lots of folks use spray silicon, but I wasn't too keen on the idea of spraying on something 'wet' to do that.  I used some of those thin plastic bags you get from the grocery store between the seat cover and foam - HUGE help.  Not only does it help the cover slip on easier, it also provides a moisture barrier if you happen to spill something on the seats to protect the foam.  If there's a piece hanging out when you get the covers where you want them, just trim it off.  And no, the plastic bags don't 'crinkle' under the seat covers once you're done (like you would think they would).

Hope this helps!

Back