• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to 7173 Mustangs.com and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

71 Cougar Convert for parts

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Paul of MO

Reaction score
My Car
71 M Code Convert - Barn find
73 H Code Convert - Field find
73 H code - Latest Project
Greetings,

Met a man who is just starting a restoration shop and he has a 71 Cougar convert for part as well as another 71 convert shell.

Many parts are the same as 71 - 73 Mustangs

He wants to sell as much as he can cheap as he need cash.

One perfect interior rear trim panel - no speaker cuts and not crumbly - dark green.

Drivers door glass has the half moon cut out for power windows.

Lots of trim, seatbelts, top parts, and odds and ends.

Let me know - I will handle the pulling and shiping. He is giving me a clean looking rear power window motor and regulator for my efforts. This is cool because I have one that is weak and making noise.

Thanks!

Paul of MO

Last edited by a moderator:
Greetings,

Met a man who is just starting a restoration shop and he has a 71 Cougar convert for part as well as another 71 convert shell.

Many parts are the same as 71 - 73 Mustangs

He wants to sell as much as he can cheap as he need cash.

One perfect interior rear trim panel - no speaker cuts and not crumbly - dark green.

Drivers door glass has the half moon cut out for power windows.

Lots of trim, seatbelts, top parts, and odds and ends.

Let me know - I will handle the pulling and shiping. He is giving me a clean looking rear power window motor and regulator for my efforts. This is cool because I have one that is weak and making noise.

Thanks!

Paul of MO

Hi there,

I'll buy the round seat belt warning light if it is the same as the 1971 Mustang Convertible seat belt light. My ZIP is 68106. Thanks!

At least now I know where the green cougar came from.

Paul

I get a lot of inquiries for 71-73 Cougar parts, so I was pretty excited when this popped up in new posts. I was fixing to ask if you had posted this to the Cougar forums when I saw the original posting date and figured the parts were long gone.

Which green Cougar?

I get a lot of inquiries for 71-73 Cougar parts, so I was pretty excited when this popped up in new posts. I was fixing to ask if you had posted this to the Cougar forums when I saw the original posting date and figured the parts were long gone.

Which green Cougar?
Dad had a green cougar hauled to the house and then took it apart and scrapped it. He said it was just for exercise. He wanted it just for the power window parts.

Paul

Automatic shifter? From the linkage up to the handle? I need the whole enchilada.

if there is a serviceable console, I would be interested in that too.

Back