Part name

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

73bluemach1

Reaction score
My Car
1973 Mach1 all original with1 repaint
Hi all,

Well I have a stupid question, what is this part called and where can I find one? It's on a 73 mach 1.

Thanks in advance for any info. 

Joe

That is the bottom panel of the headlight bucket assembly.  It should be common to all 71-73.

The complete headlight buckets are being reproduced.  Based on my experience that may be a smart way to go for a nice driver.  If you just need that part due to corrosion someone here surely has a spare as they were on every mustang and possibly every cougar.

Kcmash

I'm going to say an ugly word here to some on the site but CJpony carries the complete assembly. Search using headlight housing. I don't think Ohio Mustang has them. I didn't see any on Don's site.

Last edited by a moderator:
Heck yeah I'm interested. If you want you can PM me went get back.

Thanks for responding,

Joe

I'm going to say an ugly word here to some on the site but CJpony carries the complete assembly.  Search using headlight housing.  I don't think Ohio Mustang has them. I didn't see any on Don's site.
We don't stock them due to poor fitment

Yes OMS that is what I am planning on doing, Thank you for the info.

David. Thank you for the info on the paint, because that is my plan of going back to as close to original as I can

Thanks again,

Joe

I forgot that I have another question, when I put the black on the hood, is it supposed to be gloss or low gloss?

Thanks for any info.

Joe

I forgot that I have another question,  when I put the black on the hood, is it supposed to be gloss or low gloss?

Thanks for any info.

Joe
Both the Argent and Black hood treatments are supposed to have a flattening agent in them.  This was part of a glare reduction effort I think.

Anyway, if you are going with the blue color in your profile, the hood should have Argent on it.  The black gets pretty lost on blue paint in my opinion

kcmash

kcmash,

Thanks for the info. I am going back to the original color of bright green gold metalic with the black accents.

Thank you for your response,

Joe

Back