Who is watching the Mecum auction?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
Multiple Mustangs!
Been watching the Mecum auction today pouring rain here. 

There was a fake Mach 1 that went to $8,000 had a no sale the spoiler was on backwards. He had $20,000 in receipts.

A 1974 Gremlin X 6 cylinder sold for $29,500 low miles original.

A 94 corvette with 5,000 miles went for $22,000 and then a 96 right behind it went for $19,000.

A 2010 Shelby GT 500 with 31 miles only brought $36,000 and then a 2010 Shelby GT500 vert was a no sale for $38,000 it has 33 miles on it.

A nice 73 cougar vert Q code went for $17,000.

The last one I saw was a 73 vert with luggage rack, black out hood side stripes and I think it had factory alu. wheels, Sold for $15,000. Could not build for that for sure. The hood actually looked correct. Here is a screen print of it. I do not have TV channel with it been watching on computer.

The auctioneers seem to be getting aggravated at bidders they try to start bid at $50,000 and it ends up starting at $5,000. 

The MOM gave away free tickets the other day for the day they do the Bullitt. I think tomorrow there are a couple 429 cars that are not too correct. 

The screen print is too big won't let me paste it. I put in a word document will try that.

73 vert.docx

Attachments

• 73 vert.docx
    731.6 KB · Views: 29
Classic car values and indeed all car values are dropping like a rock at auctions worldwide. A friend of mine who works for one of the largest restoration and auction houses, was talking about this the other night. Part of the problem seems to be the older generation (us) is dying off and the younger generation are not as interested in the classics and not as willing to pay the big bucks. This is why the "rice burners" are doing so well in popularity and value.

If we see 50 cents on the dollar back, we'll be doing well.

Will be interesting to see what the hyped up Bullitt mustang brings. The one guy I talked with claims he has a 4 million dollar limit. I told him that the value will drop like a rock due to nobody young even knowing who Steve McQueen is or the Bullitt Mustang. The guy was from Lincoln Nebraska and has 114 Mustangs he claims. Would not budge $1,000 on a mustang I tried to by from him. 

The buyers and sellers fees are crazy at 10% each. 

There have been some great deals cross and some I thought the paint jobs suck. When they show the overhead shots you can watch the reflections of the lights and tell what kind of body work they did. One mustang today sucked but some for pretty good money. It was #K63 a 66 vert that sold for $34,000 and not a hipo and the body worked sucked. 

One real deal was a never driven 2008 Cobra Jet factory race car. Sold for $70,000 I think they were in the 90's from Ford. 

A bunch of low miles vets sold in the teens way below what they use to.

There was a boss 9 that went to 190,000 but no sale wanted 250,000 I think they said.

Hell Cat sold way below selling price. Another just went across and 45,000 was the max and did not sell.

Anyone know the time of the Bullitt auction on the 10th?
Here is link to Fridays Catalog of cars coming up. Looks like it is a while before they get to the Bullitt. Did not see a specific time but might be listed somewhere on their site. Lots of Chrysler stuff going that day and some other pretty expensive cars. 

https://cdn1.mecum.com/assets/docs/FL20_FridayDigitalCatalog/index.html

I did see Friday, but was hoping not to have to watch all of it live.

Thanks

Anyone know the time of the Bullitt auction on the 10th?
Here is link to Fridays Catalog of cars coming up. Looks like it is a while before they get to the Bullitt. Did not see a specific time but might be listed somewhere on their site. Lots of Chrysler stuff going that day and some other pretty expensive cars. 

https://cdn1.mecum.com/assets/docs/FL20_FridayDigitalCatalog/index.html

I did see Friday, but was hoping not to have to watch all of it live.

Thanks
DVR is the way to go.

Back