Trunk light

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Parkka

Reaction score
My Car
73 Mustang Convertible
[url=https://ibb.co/cgCFb3N][img]https://i.ibb.co/j6WMVfL/IMG-20190713-145003409.jpg[/img][/url]
There was a thread that dated back to 2012 regarding this issue, but i did not really answer my question regarding the trunk light. There are two types of lights i can find for sale, but not sure which one is correct and fits the mounting area in the trunk lid. Neither bracket appears to be correct if i have the appropriate mounting point as circled in the photo below. Which light is correct for a 73 vert and is this circled area in the photo actually the mounting point in the lid?

thanks,

Don't know on verts, on my 73 coupe the wire with sleeve is going thru the region in red circle and light as on first pict is screwed at the rectangular opening next to the latch (not on your picts).

Don't know on verts, on my 73 coupe the wire with sleeve is going thru the region in red circle and light as on first pict is screwed at the rectangular opening next to the latch (not on your picts).
Thank you.  That answered both of my questions.... :D

No prob, here's already the answer to your upcoming next question:

I recall to have used a house electric wire folded as a hook at the end to "fish" the connector/wire and get it thru the hole...

Last edited by a moderator:
No prob, here's already the answer to your upcoming next question:

I recall to have used a house electric wire folded as a hook at the end to "fish" the connector/wire and get it thru the hole...
:thankyouyellow: ::thumb:: ::thumb:: ::thumb::

I have an original 73 vert with wire will look today when in the shop. Get a pic also.
Thank you.  I'm sure others will appreciate the photo also for those that don't know what it actually looks like or in place.

enjoy the day...

Back