Jump-start Decal Placement

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tegemus

Reaction score
My Car
1971 M code Mach 1

Does anyone know the correct placement of the 1971 Jump-start Instructions Decal?

Searched, but nothing comes up.

Thanks in advance.

Tegemus,

That is not a Ford production installed or service decal. If your desire is to avoid someone incorrectly hooking up jumper cables, I would place the decal close to the battery as possible. Depending on the decal size it could be placed on top of the radiator support much like the factory freon charge decal or possibly in front of the shock tower or a clear section on the fender apron near the battey.   :)

Tegemus,

That is not a Ford production installed or service decal. If your desire is to avoid someone incorrectly hooking up jumper cables, I would place the decal close to the battery as possible. Depending on the decal size it could be placed on top of the radiator support much like the factory freon charge decal or possibly in front of the shock tower or a clear section on the fender apron near the battey.   :)

Thanks for the quick reply, Secluff, but I'm confused. If it's not a Ford production installed or service decal, then why does it appear on page 358 of Tom Corcoran and Earl Davis's "Mustang 1964 1/2-1973 Restoration Guide"?

Is the guide wrong?

Tegemus,

Sorry, but I'm going to have to say that decal has the appearance of an aftermarket decal. The artwork and wording just do not have the "Look" that an OE production decal would have. I have seen hundreds of New Fords come off the Motor Convoy trucks over the years and have never seen that one. I have no idea why Tom Corcoran and Earl Davis (Mustang 1964 1/2-1973 Restoration Guide) feel this is a legitimate 71 decal. It seems that everyone that publishes a Mustang recognition or restoration guide has a different set of experts. I've seen some decal sets offered that claim the black and silver "Place in Park Warning " decal was original to the early Mustangs even though it didn't even come out till the early to mid-'80s!

The only decal I have seen that even remotely has anything to do with the battery is the "Battery OK" test sticker applied at the assembly plant. The illustration shows the typical 71 decal package minus the air cleaner decal which would be vehicle specific for your car. I hope this has cleared up some of your confusion and not made it worse.  :whistling:

I have never seen that one.

Some websites sell and list this jump start decal for

69-70 Mustang and 69-70 Falcon.

I really do not think it is right for 1971 72 or 73 Mustangs.

Ray

Just because they are for sale does not mean they are correct.

Boss 351 never had any even vaguely similar valve cover decals!!!

Here are two fake Boss 351 valve cover decals.

Fake Boss 351 valve cover decal.JPG

fake Boss 351 decal.jpg

Thanks to everyone for clearing up my confusion.

Consensus seems to be it's not a legit decal, despite what Mr. Corcoran and Mr. Davis state.

How 'bout this decal? Sure hope it's OEM. 

lollerz

Thanks to everyone for clearing up my confusion.

Consensus seems to be it's not a legit decal, despite what Mr. Corcoran and Mr. Davis state.

How 'bout this decal? Sure hope it's OEM. 

lollerz

Now that is a legitimate safety decal. In this litigious society we now live in, it's your responsibility to make sure your passengers are safe and comfortable.   :D

Back