E-BAY AND DASH PAD FACTORY....TERRIBLE!!

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

waterlife

Reaction score
My Car
1972 Mustang Convertible
Purchased a dash pad in Nov,from Dash Pad Factory and never received part. I got the "its the holidays" excuse first and then they called and told me the dye came off. I left negative feedback and E-bay removed as a courtesy to the seller!!! What kind of crap is this? Avoid Dash pad factory, they suck! E-bay is no better!

Purchased a dash pad in Nov,from Dash Pad Factory and never received part. I got the "its the holidays" excuse first and then they called and told me the dye came off. I left negative feedback and E-bay removed as a courtesy to the seller!!! What kind of crap is this? Avoid Dash pad factory, they suck! E-bay is no better!
 Is this the place out of Arizona? I purchased one a few year’s back, can’t recall the exact company name, but I recall they were from AZ. When I opened it, there was a bubble (air?), on the top of the dash. I contacted the company and they sent out a new one (checked it over first...) and paid the shipping charge to my home in Canada. Could not be happier. They did not want the old one returned. I pulled it out of the box a while back and the bubble is gone! It looks like a perfect dash pad. Kind of feel guilty, but it must have left the factory before being fully cured, time healed it’s wound. Anyway, I think this is a different company, I would have to check my paperwork at home... Sucks with your current situation. I would have thought in these circumstances they would work with you to resolve properly.

Is this the place out of Arizona? I purchased one a few year’s back, can’t recall the exact company name, but I recall they were from AZ. When I opened it, there was a bubble (air?), on the top of the dash. I contacted the company and they sent out a new one (checked it over first...) and paid the shipping charge to my home in Canada. Could not be happier. They did not want the old one returned. I pulled it out of the box a while back and the bubble is gone! It looks like a perfect dash pad. Kind of feel guilty, but it must have left the factory before being fully cured, time healed it’s wound. Anyway, I think this is a different company, I would have to check my paperwork at home... Sucks with your current situation. I would have thought in these circumstances they would work with you to resolve properly.
Out of Texas

When my wife bought her car, the dash pad was cracked but came with a new one still in the package. when we went to install it, and took it out of the package it was a thin plastic cover that fit over the pad giving the apearance of a factory pad. We took great pains to install it perfectly and it was just as much work as installing a proper pad. Over the winter it shrunk and split wide open...Lesson learned. this type of cover is not suitable for Canadian climates. Just thought I'd put this out there for anybody researching pads.

Just Dashes seems to be the best place for reworked padded dashes, door panels, etc.  They are not cheap, but they do excellent work and their parts last.  They can match grain and colors to factory specs too.

Back