Where to buy miscellaneous parts

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
71 Sportsroof Bright Red.

Just figure I start a post where we could share some of the places to buy miscellaneous odds and ends that if purchased from the bigger internet suppliers cost an arm and a leg.  One place I have found for bolts, u-nuts and more is the Cliphouse.   https://cliphouse.com/    A lot cheaper than places like Cjpony etc and the local big box stores.  If you know of some place where a dollar can be save please post.

Last edited by a moderator:
I recently bought a bunch of hardware from Mustangs Unlimited for 60-70% off. I've heard the stories so I tried a $50.00 order first. Shipping was slow but it showed up. 2nd larger order was pretty quick. Look for the little green in stock check mark in the listing

I like buying from Don at Ohio Mustang, He is a sponsor and member of this site.

I have learned to trust his experience with our cars. He has new and used parts.

Another I can recommend is Mike and his family at MotorcityMustang. He is also a sponsor/member here and he has an active Ebay store.

Ray

I recently bought a bunch of hardware from Mustangs Unlimited for 60-70% off. I've heard the stories so I tried a $50.00 order first. Shipping was slow but it showed up. 2nd larger order was pretty quick. Look for the little green in stock check mark in the listing
+1 on Don of OMS.  Don almost literally owns half my Mustang.

New, used and refurbished/rebuilt.  I bought my current M-code

engine from Don as a rebuilt long block, never fired.  Don has parts.

mike

Since joining this site I have bought parts from OMS and have recomended Don's company to others. If you drove by Ace hardware and saw a 70% off everything sign would you not stop in, or tell a friend? I was only answering Kilgon's question and didn't intend to slight a contributor.

First -Keiths71 - You did nothing wrong. I'm not trying to ruffle feathers but yes Don and the others vendors are sponsors on this site but that is part of their business. They are selling parts for Ford Mustangs. If they were selling Chevy parts I doubt they would be sponsors on a Ford site. I have and will continue to do business with them. Just bought a set of door handles from OMS several weeks ago. I appreciate what Don brings to the table and the input he has provided.

My intent to this post was to help save a few dollars on the smaller miscellaneous items. I find it hard to swallow when I have to pay $10 shipping for $2 worth parts when I can buy 2 to 3 times the quantity for the same price.

Example on a 1/4" u-nut

CJ Pony 12 u-nuts $12.99 + $6.00 shipping = $18.99 plus tax

NPD 12 u-nuts $5.06 + $9.00 shipping = $14.06 plus tax

OMS - didn't see any 1/4 " - only complete kits which is great if needing it.

Cliphouse - bag of 25 u-nuts $5.36 + $7.95 shipping = $13.31 plus tax. - WINNER!

If the quality is the same and I can get twice as much for the same amount of money then that's where I'm shopping.

Last edited by a moderator:
I like buying from Don at Ohio Mustang,  He is a sponsor and member of this site.

I have learned to trust his experience with our cars.  He has new and used parts.

Another I can recommend is Mike and his family at MotorcityMustang.  He is also a sponsor/member here and  he has an active Ebay store.

Ray
Ray, I say dido on the 2 vendors.

I have used both several times. I wont say which one but one actually sent me parts for free!!! What a good person!! Thank you again for helping me out!

First -Keiths71 - You did nothing wrong.  I'm not trying to ruffle feathers but yes Don and the others vendors are sponsors on this site but that is part of their business.  They are selling parts for Ford Mustangs.  If they were selling Chevy parts I doubt they would be sponsors on a Ford site.  I have and will continue to do business with them.  Just bought a set of door handles from OMS several weeks ago. I appreciate what Don brings to the table and the input he has provided. 

My intent to this post was to help save a few dollars on the smaller miscellaneous items.  I find it hard to swallow when I have to pay $10 shipping for $2 worth parts when I can buy 2 to 3 times the quantity for the same price.   

Example on a 1/4" u-nut 

CJ Pony 12 u-nuts  $12.99 + $6.00 shipping = $18.99 plus tax

Cliphouse - bag of 25 u-nuts $5.36 + $7.95 shipping = $13.31 plus tax. - WINNER!

If the quality is the same and I can get twice as much for the same amount of money then that's where I'm shopping.
Do you have a tractor supply by you ... they have a lot of bulk hardware, sells by the pound

First -Keiths71 - You did nothing wrong.  I'm not trying to ruffle feathers but yes Don and the others vendors are sponsors on this site but that is part of their business.  They are selling parts for Ford Mustangs.  If they were selling Chevy parts I doubt they would be sponsors on a Ford site.  I have and will continue to do business with them.  Just bought a set of door handles from OMS several weeks ago. I appreciate what Don brings to the table and the input he has provided. 

My intent to this post was to help save a few dollars on the smaller miscellaneous items.  I find it hard to swallow when I have to pay $10 shipping for $2 worth parts when I can buy 2 to 3 times the quantity for the same price.   

Example on a 1/4" u-nut 

Do you have a tractor supply by you ... they have a lot of bulk hardware, sells by the pound

Kudos to Don.  He gets it.  And yes there is a tractor supply near by but I do most of my shopping over the internet.  I seem to be able to manage what I purchase better.   My eyes wander to much when I shop in person and that tends to be costly.   lollerz

Example on a 1/4" u-nut 

Kudos to Don.  He gets it.  And yes there is a tractor supply near by but I do most of my shopping over the internet.  I seem to be able to manage what I purchase better.   My eyes wander to much when I shop in person and that tends to be costly.   lollerz
Hi, I do get it, but please realize the other side of the coin.

Someone buys a 5.00 part and we do have 9.95 min shipping on the web site ...

With that 5.00 part, lets say there is a 2.00 profit , the credit card company gets 3 to 4 % + 0.50 cents per transaction

Somebody had to

order the parts for stock

recieve the parts, check them in, put them away

process the order for the parts to the customer

pull them, invoice them, pack them, take them to the post office, email a tracking number

So the sometimes the minimum on shipping is to offset these things.

Hi, I do get it, but please realize the other side of the coin.

Someone buys a 5.00 part and we do have 9.95 min shipping on the web site ...

With that 5.00 part, lets say there is a 2.00 profit , the credit card company gets 3 to 4 % + 0.50 cents per transaction

Somebody had to

order the parts for stock

recieve the parts, check them in, put them away

process the order for the parts to the customer

pull them, invoice them, pack them, take them to the post office, email a tracking number

So the sometimes the minimum on shipping is to offset these things.
You neglected the adult beverage costs when all of that is done. ::thumb::

Yes, some of the vendors will trade parts.

You have something they want and they

have something you want.  Have done

this many times with Don.

mike
No, it wasn't something I traded. The guy asked for the part and I gave it to him free of charge, it's all good!

I like AMK for hardware. I am more into restoration at this point than maintenance, so it is worth it to me to get the correct bolt size and finish packaged and labeled for the application. For bulk hardware, it is tough to beat McMaster Carr. I haven't ordered from them recently, but at one time you could purchase single bolts.

Back