Parking brake cables

73_2V

So I replaced the parking brake cable with the stainless steel versions from Inline Tube. I was impressed with the quality, but the end knots were larger than factory so they wouldn’t fit without grinding down. I also had to create a custom piece to bridge a 7 inch gap because the cables were too short for rear disc brakes. Certainly not Inline Tube’s fault but the install took longer than anticipated. See pics below 871-C9505-D241-4-F0-D-9-FF0-6-AA43-A03-D8-CA.jpg

E41597-FE-1811-4986-A4-C1-2-EBF14-B9058-C.jpg

So I replaced the parking brake cable with the stainless steel versions from Inline Tube. I was impressed with the quality, but the end knots were larger than factory so they wouldn’t fit without grinding down. I also had to create a custom piece to bridge a 7 inch gap because the cables were too short for rear disc brakes. Certainly not Inline Tube’s fault but the install took longer than anticipated. See pics below 

E41597-FE-1811-4986-A4-C1-2-EBF14-B9058-C.jpg

I could be sticking my nose where it doesn't belong, but I was taking a closer look at your fuel sender and added filters. Of course I have no idea what your fuel system is, whether you have a carb set up or fuel injection, but from what I see it appears that you have that incorrect Spectra Premium sending unit that has the outlet pointing the wrong direction, i.e. backward. 

I say this because I went through this problem when I replaced my fuel tank and lines a while back. Briefly, I bought the Spectra-Premium gas tank and sender from Rock Auto. Not their fault at all mind you, but R/A did agree to replace the FG87A sender unit for a Dorman 692232, which is correct and a good one, only needed a slight tweak to adjust for correct fuel tank level (set at 1/4 tank).

On mine, I chose to follow what a PO had done and that was to install a steel inline filter in the rubber hose between the apron and fuel pump. I have been criticized for doing this, but I've had no issues with that set-up. I did notice however, that you did use correct type clamps and that's a good thing. I hate seeing those damn gear clamps used for anything as important a fuel line. Also, I have a burr up my ass about plastic or worse, glass filters being used anywhere.

Again, my apologies for being out of line, but it was something I had experience with and thought I'd mention.

Geoff.

Geoff.

I learn something new every day!