Convertible Top Rivets

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1971 Mustang Convertible
Hey Fellas, a rivet popped out on my Convertible Top when I ran it up and down a few times to purge air out of the system. What's the best solution to fix that? (Bracket is held in place by 2 rivets). 

Terry, is that the last bow ?  Can't tell  from that pic, do you have a picture showing where it's at.

Terry is this the bracket you need

This is off the last bow

If this is it PM me you address I will give it to you

EDIT... after blowing up you new pic... this is not it, I'll see what I have but it looks like the other end is bent too ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Terry is this the bracket you need

This is off the last bow

If this is it PM me you address I will give it to you

EDIT... after blowing up you new pic... this is not it, I'll see what I have but it looks like the other end is bent too ?

I don't understand how this bracket got bent like that!? The same bracket on the driver side looks to be a little bent as well, but only very slightly.

Even if I'm gonna be able to straighten the bracket how can I attach that with (new?) these "Special" rivets? Or do I need to buy the whole section of the top frame? Thanks!

Yep, a friend of a friend has a parts car...I might get what I need.
Terry, if he doesn't have it, I have a couple of tops - the part is yours for what ever it costs to ship it as you helped me out before ::thumb::

That is very nice of you Don, I might take you up on that! I'm thinking of replacing both sides since they are both bent, whereas these brackets should be straight and tight. Both sides on mine I can wiggle them by hand (rivets are a little loose). I'll let you know, thanks.

Hey Don, the friend of a friend doesn't want to part his Convertible Top, he wants to sell it whole, but I do not need the whole thing! So I'm gonna have to take you up on your offer.

But I'll need both LH and RH sides since my right side broke and the bracket is bent. Left side is bent as well and the same thing is waiting to happen there too. That's probably the reason my frame was sagging a little in that area! I need to get this fixed so I can have a new Top with a back glass put on. Thank you!

Terry I'll check out the top I have.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back