Another Small update,

Well I finally got my replacement front floor pans, I have also found a welder and all being well the car should be being picked up tomorrow (10/16/20) and taken to him.I visited the workshop prior to getting the car delivered  and the work seem ok.  It's not likely to be Butt welded using Tig welding, I believe they plan to do a small overlap and use a Mig Welder.  But the price quoted seems fair,I have told the guy to call me at every stage so I can inspect the work.   I'm not taking any chances this time!

IMG-20201007-WA0032.jpeg

IMG-20200925-WA0001.jpeg

IMG-20200925-WA0003.jpeg

Edited by 92GTS-R
  • Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My dear, dear friend and awesome forum member ... there may be an alternative to Halfords rattle can.  You look at yer Marti to see what original colour was...  Get yours driveable withou

Just jumped on and read through your project. Sorry to hear about the seller conveniently missing so many details about the car. But looks like its in good hands and that your well on your way to brin

Posted Images

Wishing you all the best on this next phase of the project. 

[align=left]Jeff T.

When I die I want to die like grandpa, peacefully in my sleep... not screaming, like his passengers. [/align]

It sucks when you get taken for a ride through no fault of your own. There are too many scammers out there.

Good luck. I hope it all works out well for you.

Mike

Hi GTS - when you have finished this - it'll be awesome 

Are you going to stay with same colour ? 

wizzy.jpg

Enjoy's searching out 71-73 history

[button=http://www.7173mustangs.com/forum-garage?filterxt_uid=7211]Visit My Treasure chest[/button]

6 minutes ago, 1sostatic said:

Hi GTS - when you have finished this - it'll be awesome 

Are you going to stay with same colour ? 

Hi, I don't plan on "fully" repainting the car, but I will make good areas with a rattle can.

So yet again, this car is testing my patience.

Recovery truck turned up today, could not get the car onto the truck :classic_sad:

Turns out we need a truck with a sliding flat bed, so have had to reschedule the pick up :classic_rolleyes:

23 hours ago, 92GTS-R said:

Hi, I don't plan on "fully" repainting the car, but I will make good areas with a rattle can.

My dear, dear friend and awesome forum member ... there may be an alternative to Halfords rattle can. 

You look at yer Marti to see what original colour was... 

1. Get yours driveable without the detailing and chrome capping 
  2. I get me guns and compressor out ...(no rude comments) 
  3. Get it at my place 
  4. I stick mine under a tarp 
  5. I wrap the interior of my garage in 3M 1.2mtr wide polyurethane sheet 
  6. Mask your glass and other bits 
  7. Put your car in
  8. Block the body flat 
  9. Tak wrag the thing to death 
  10. Bring internal temp to 40°C - bake car for an hour
  11. Undercoat anti-rust followed by  1st base, then 2nd base, then colour( mixed with medium speed drying media so it flattens )...
  12. Correct any mistakes 
  13. Clear coat 
  14. then send you home with a st00pid grin on yer face :biggrin:

...one has to have a dream 

all the best 

Al 

Edited by 1sostatic
  • Like 2

wizzy.jpg

Enjoy's searching out 71-73 history

[button=http://www.7173mustangs.com/forum-garage?filterxt_uid=7211]Visit My Treasure chest[/button]

I don't know what it is about this car but........after the tow truck issue (car was supposed to be collected Last Friday) Today the welder contacted me and asked if he could come over to actually see the car.

(Now bear in mind I had sent him detailed pictures of the required works via "What's App", had visited his workshop and talked face to face and again showed him work that needed to be done) and was given a price.

Today he has looked at the car and has decided there is more work than he thought!

:classic_angry::classic_angry::classic_angry::classic_angry:  :classic_angry::classic_angry:

He's going to come back to me with a new price!   Yeah right.

IM SERIOUSLY PISSED

Edited by 92GTS-R
2 hours ago, 92GTS-R said:

I don't know what it is about this car but........after the tow truck issue (car was supposed to be collected Last Friday) Today the welder contacted me and asked if he could come over to actually see the car.

(Now bear in mind I had sent him detailed pictures of the required works via "What's App", had visited his workshop and talked face to face and again showed him work that needed to be done) and was given a price.

Today he has looked at the car and has decided there is more work than he thought!

:classic_angry::classic_angry::classic_angry::classic_angry:  :classic_angry::classic_angry:

He's going to come back to me with a new price!   Yeah right.

IM SERIOUSLY PISSED

Sounds like he found an easier job that pays more money. I would move on if its already started off that bad. It will only get worse as time goes on from what I have seen.

Not standing up for anyone. You should never quote a repair job, buy a car or sell a car using pictures. I have personally inspected cars that were sold by some of the big shiny car showrooms and they were junk with bondo and undercoat hiding everything. Pictures did not show anything. The owner lost $23,000 was a parts car not even worth fixing. 
AGAIN YOU SHOULD NEVER BUY A CAR OR QUOTE A JOB FROM PICTURES SOMEONE WILL GET BITTEN.

When a man is in the woods and talks and no women are there is he still wrong??:P

David