• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to 7173 Mustangs.com and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

1972 Coupe free to good home

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1973 Mach 1 "Q Code"
A few months ago, someone I met hooked me up with a 1972 Coupe for any parts that I needed. I really only took the steering gear box, FMX trans and a couple other odds and ends. I don't need it anymore, so if anyone wants another project car and can pick it up, just reply here, shoot me a PM with your cell so we can coordinate a time. Please understand that first come, first gets it and you will need a trailer to pick up. 

From the looks of this car, the trunk is solid, the floor is solid as well (I used a screwdriver in a bunch of places to see if it would penetrate), in the pics below, I have the drivers door off and the drivers fender off but will have a door put on (may or may not have the glass with it though), and I will put the fender back on. The hood is the flat type (non-nasa) and I have it as well but no hood hinges. The passenger side rear quarter window has been removed, I needed the roll down for my 73 project. Rear bumper, fuel tank, front grill removed, speedometer cluster was not with the car when I got it. Taillights are there, I just scavenged the mounting fasteners for my project. I have some bucket seats for it as well and the rear quarter extensions. Pics may make the car look rougher than it is but honestly, it's a pretty solid car from what I see and would make a great project, I just don't have the time for another project. If memory serves me, the car was actually a daily driver up until around 2015 or 2016, then the PO pulled the engine for another of his projects and it sat until I got it. 

Here are some pics (outside, interior, and some underneath the car pics). The spots on the side are not rust, haven't figured out what they are, maybe bird crap or something from the trees getting all over the car when at PO backyard (came right off when I stripped the drivers door)?

Hope to give this one a good home and see it brought back to life.

EDIT to add location. The cars location is in Martinez, Georgia. We are about 1 mile from an I-20 exit.

Tom

Last edited by a moderator:
Tom,

Wish you were closer.  We are looking for a shell to practice cutting spotwelds, removing panels, opening torque boxes and the like before we dive into a full restoration on a 71 M code convertible (that needs to much work)

This one looks like we could even salvage some of the parts we need.

I live just west of St. Louis and am really thinking to ask my wife if she is up for a road trip.  I am thinking 15 hours one way?

Hmmmm.............

- Paul

Quick Edit - It's only 12 hours!

Paul, let me know if you decide to take the trip. She needs a new home brother. I will keep an eye on this thread and let everyone know if someone shows up to pick her up so that no wasted trips are made.

Tom

Great pics from underneath. Great condition.

I have a special request; I need a picture of the forward bracket for the parking brake cable. The bracket that is just aft of the transmission crossmember in the tunnel. You have a picture of it, but something is in the way.

When I removed the parking brake cable prior to bringing the Mustang to the bodyshop, I failed to take a picture.

My wife's 72 is currently in the bodyshop getting the floor replaced (among other parts). Bodyman was unaware that the new replacement floor did not come with any brackets. So when the old floor was cut out, all the metal went in the scrap bin.

Thanks for your time. If you can't it is ok. I'll make a seperate post requesting a picture. Your free Mustang post caught my eye and I checked for location. Other side of the country, bummer.

Sent you a PM a few minutes ago with the pics. Good luck on your build.

Tom

Great pics from underneath. Great condition.

I have a special request; I need a picture of the forward bracket for the parking brake cable.  The bracket that is just aft of the transmission crossmember in the tunnel. You have a picture of it, but something is in the way.

When I removed the parking brake cable prior to bringing the Mustang to the bodyshop, I failed to take a picture.

My wife's 72 is currently in the bodyshop getting the floor replaced (among other parts). Bodyman was unaware that the new replacement floor did not come with any brackets. So when the old floor was cut out, all the metal went in the scrap bin.

Thanks for your time. If you can't it is ok. I'll make a seperate post requesting a picture. Your free Mustang post caught my eye and I checked for location. Other side of the country, bummer.

Back