Heater/AC

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Statcoy

Reaction score
My Car
302 1971 Mustang Coupe
Just tryna restore it
So I figured out my blinker and started issues now im trying to start the Heater/AC area. What is the best place to start on that area never really done anything like that? I got cut tubes and soke are missing and I can't find the plug that connects to the heater/ad control panel thing. Also how do I know if I have AC or not? Any info helps

So I figured out my blinker and started issues now im trying to start the Heater/AC area. What is the best place to start on that area never really done anything like that? I got cut tubes and soke are missing and I can't find the plug that connects to the heater/ad control panel thing. Also how do I know if I have AC or not? Any info helps
Pictures would be great help. If ur control panel says a.c unabridged AC. Vacuum hoses go to a rectangle rubber fix that attaches behind panel, known as the octopus they sell these new. Under the hood look at firewall passenger side. AC cars have p shaped hole open with a clines and heater tubes. Heater only cars don’t have this panel open. Heater hose tubes are above blank p shape. I

If you have AC you will not have the fresh air vents on both sides of the dash. You cannot put a non AC heater box in an AC car. There is a special bubble just outside of the RH inner fender it clears the blower motor on the non AC heater box. 

Only one hole in the cowl on AC car on the passenger side. Non AC cars have hole on both sides of the cowl. 

Here is pic under the hood for AC car. If you get the Ford manual for AC you can fix it all yourself. The gauge set and vacuum pump cost less than one visit to AC shop. Everything has to be clean inside you might have to take the condenser and evaporator to someone that can flush them out and pressure check them. You of course have to convert from R-12 to a modern refrigerant. I like to use Dura Cool takes much less and is way more efficient. 

In the pic you can see the opening for the AC and heater box on AC car right next to the blue charcoal canister. 

Back