1972 Vert Value

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

salhi_aemr

Reaction score
My Car
1972 Mustang Coupe Blue ( Sold )
1970 Mach 1 Red ( Sold )
1972 Mach 1 Gold ( Sold )
1973 Mustang Mach 1 Green ( Sold )
1973 Mustang Vert Yellow
1971 Mustang Mach 1 Pewter
1972 Mustang Mach 1 Grabber Blue
1971 Mustang Fastback Red
[url=https://ibb.co/dW1eva][img]https://preview.ibb.co/kxpoov/Mustang_Collections.jpg[/img][/url]
Hey guys looking on opinions how much this is valued. How much should I offer them. Thanks

Two many unknowns to throw out a price, but it is certainly very desirable given the drivetrain and options. Keep us posted.

Big thing to check is if it has the original engine and transmission. Partial VIN# should be on RH rear of block just below head. Trans should be on side tag and also stamped on the housing on top front next to bell housing.

The other big question is the amount of rust. If cowl, floors and trunk are toast huge expense. 

The car is for sure a desirable model and very well equipped. 

I paint $5,500 for a 73 Q code Automatic that was back to rolling chassis ready for paint. Engine had been built and also the transmission. 

Since no ram air on the Marti it was added. Should have the chrome lid on the air cleaner. Would get the NASA hood with the Q code in 72 with no hood locks or black out since no ram air. Should not have side stripe should have the protection package trim on side and rocker moldings. The chrome fender and hood ends would be correct. No spoilers on verts either. 

Should have space saver spare with Mag. 500 I seem to recall also.

So to cap it off the car would need a full make over to go to original If the VIN does not match on drive train usually a 50% reduction to a collector. Just depends on if you like it or not. If the car were 100% correct $25 - $28,000 from what I have seen on the market. So you would go in hole if you buy and restore. It is all up to you knowing you have several and had several in past.

Big thing to check is if it has the original engine and transmission. Partial VIN# should be on RH rear of block just below head. Trans should be on side tag and also stamped on the housing on top front next to bell housing.

The other big question is the amount of rust. If cowl, floors and trunk are toast huge expense. 

The car is for sure a desirable model and very well equipped. 

I paint $5,500 for a 73 Q code Automatic that was back to rolling chassis ready for paint. Engine had been built and also the transmission. 

Since no ram air on the Marti it was added. Should have the chrome lid on the air cleaner. Would get the NASA hood with the Q code in 72 with no hood locks or black out since no ram air. Should not have side stripe should have the protection package trim on side and rocker moldings. The chrome fender and hood ends would be correct. No spoilers on verts either. 

Should have space saver spare with Mag. 500 I seem to recall also.

So to cap it off the car would need a full make over to go to original If the VIN does not match on drive train usually a 50% reduction to a collector. Just depends on if you like it or not. If the car were 100% correct $25 - $28,000 from what I have seen on the market. So you would go in hole if you buy and restore. It is all up to you knowing you have several and had several in past.

Thank you so much David for the info :)

Two many unknowns to throw out a price, but it is certainly very desirable given the drivetrain and options. Keep us posted.

Sure I will do!!!

The difficulty with this car (for me at least), it is a car I would of loved to have been able to buy in the day, but couldn't.

When I see it today I immediately think back to that point in time, and would want to capture that car, "in 1972".

David nicely points out many of the issues, in 2020, of which I totally agree.

Value it in 2020, not 1972.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back