Steering Wheel/Horn

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

da55

Reaction score
My Car
1973 Mustang Fastback 351 V8
Hey yall,

Any clue on what the original steering wheel looks like? I bought a replacement wheel through CJ pony parts. The wheel that the mustang had was a cheap after market one. It was a 9 bolt one with the interior part being a three bolt base onto the wheel column. The one i bought has a three bolt slot also, but the base doesn't have the place for the bolts. Im having issues with the horn not working, i guess its not lining up with the prongs? Im not entirely sure.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Dave

71 had the round center button, deluxe and three spoke I think not sure I do not have any.

72 all had the deluxe two spoke or three spoke rim blow.

73 had deluxe two spoke, three spoke rim blow and two spoke leather wrapped. Pic is a 73 two spoke leather wrapped.

The center horn button is same on all deluxe two spoke. 

Thanks everyone for the information! I ended up with a woodgrain Mustang 3 spoke steering wheel that is not the original but i love the way it looks. Thanks everyone!

Now to figure out this horn issue...

I've had a few aftermarket steering wheels over the years, and I think that every one of them had horn issues, buttons not making contact, buttons falling off, improperly crimped connectors, etc.

Back