Under Hood Photos?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RocketFoot

Stangin' ain't easy but somebody gotta do it!
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
My Car
1971 Mach 1
Anyone have any photos of your engine and engine bay? I need some photos for ideas (and inspiration) mainly of the inner hood aprons. Photos with fenders off would be helpful also!

Anyone have any photos of your engine and engine bay? I need some photos for ideas (and inspiration) mainly of the inner hood aprons. Photos with fenders off would be helpful also!
Here's fenders and hood off! lol Hope this helps.

DSC00165.jpg

IMGP2360.jpg

IMGP2361.jpg

That will help! Someone else also emailed me a finished pic so that will help as well!

Thanks!

I can't wait until mine looks that good! Thanks for the pics!

I'm afraid that mine would be pictures of an example of what not to do at this point. ;)

::goodjob::

Looks great 72! I hope my 72 coupe resto looks that good when I'm done!

I had a fellow Club member tell me it was a big no no to have spark plug wires tyrapped together (Like 72Fastbacks). Something like it may allow cross transients that affect how it runs? Has anybody else heard anything like that being an issue?

That being said, your under hood is awesome 72FB... :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Man that is truly impressive...

HCode, how did you get the area over the firewall so new looking...did you change it out or some special secret method of reconditioning?

Last edited by a moderator:
well i had metal work done on the cowl area on the right and left side,, when i got the car back, i wire wheeled the entire firewall and the cowl down. the guy did a really great job, and i was able to finish cleaning off the garbage from the areas that were not touched and then primed and repainted.

basically it was a lot of elbow work

Striping the undercoat and junk off

100_1255.jpg

Back