Upgraded front sway bar rubbing strut rod

I installed a new Belltech sway bar 1.125” and it was really tight but after a test drive I see it’s rubbing slightly on both outer edges of the front strut rods

Will making a taller spacer sleeve to raise the angle a bit help?

Please advise and thanks in advance

I guess I'm confused. I thought the sway bar was on the inside of the struts. Do you mean the outsides of the sway bar are rubbing on the inside of the struts? I would try different link lengths, to get them on different planes before I tried to adjust the height of the bushings.

“If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough.”

--Albert Einstein

I guess I'm confused. I thought the sway bar was on the inside of the struts. Do you mean the outsides of the sway bar are rubbing on the inside of the struts? I would try different link lengths, to get them on different planes before I tried to adjust the height of the bushings.

Yes that is correct. The outsides are making contact with the inside

i wasn’t sure different end links would be a solution but it makes total sense to raise the ends up enough to a better clearance 

thanks for the input Don!

• 1 year later...

Rmach1 - Did you solution work?

Thanks,

mustang7173 🇺🇸

"Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway" -- John Wayne

I had a similar issue in the past. At the time I had a strut crossmember that was bent. After replacing the crossmember the rubbing went away. However, it is uncomfortably close. I don't have a solution since I have gone to a different front suspension since then.

20160929_171923_edit2_small.jpg

1971 M-Code Mach 1 w/Ram Air, 408 stroker, 285/291 0.558" roller cam, Blue Thunder intake, TKO600, Hooker headers with electric cut-offs, FiTech EFI w/ RobBMC PowerSurge pump

Strange center section with Truetrac, 3.5 gear and 31 spline axles, 4-wheel disc brakes