New Guy from North Central WV

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello, thought I’d introduce myself.  I’m new to the site and while I don’t actually own a 71-73 Mustang, I do have a 71 Cougar.  Many parts are shared between the models.   I typically learn what parts aren’t shared after I buy them...   I have amassed a fair amount of knowledge and a pile of parts from my project.  Most are parts that I took off while some were purchased and never used as I went a different direction or found that the part didn’t fit.  I am looking for a glovebox striker if anyone has one laying around.  See y’all on the forum.  

Aaron

Email is [email protected] if it becomes important. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice car - There are a couple of cougars near me, one is a black 72 convertible, much like yours - I really like those cars. Welcome on board!

Jim

Welcome to the Forum. I almost bought a 73 cougar to get the leather seats and while looking at the Cougar also looked at the Pantera at the Mercury dealer. Pantera was about twice cost of a new Mach 1 that I ended up with. I much later learned that if you paid extra Ford would make you leather seats for a Mustang. Was actually the first non stock option put on a Mustang for Henry Ford II. There was another in the MOM on display last year.

Hello and Welcome from Calif.

Good looking car... and girl. ;-)

Bru

Welcome from Ohio - nice paint work , car looks very straight

Aaron,

That is one fine looking cat!! You will find that we are a much more laidback group than others you'll find elsewhere. Ownership is not essential, enthusiasm is welcomed. Since your 71Cougar was assembled and came down the same line as the 71-73 Mustangs in  Dearborn, they are cousins!  If you ever do have a part fitment question between the two vehicles just ask as many of us already have the "Been There Done That" T-shirt.

Welcome to your new Mustang (and Cougar) home!

Hello, thought I’d introduce myself.  I’m new to the site and while I don’t actually own a 71-73 Mustang, I do have a 71 Cougar.  Many parts are shared between the models.   I typically learn what parts aren’t shared after I buy them...   I have amassed a fair amount of knowledge and a pile of parts from my project.  Most are parts that I took off while some were purchased and never used as I went a different direction or found that the part didn’t fit.  I am looking for a glovebox striker if anyone has one laying around.  See y’all on the forum.  

Aaron

Email is [email protected] if it becomes important. 

cool ride, check out west coast cougars. Great website, lots cougar parts, the owner a honest, straight shooter. welcome. :bravo:

Back