New Guy from North Central WV

Hello, thought I’d introduce myself.  I’m new to the site and while I don’t actually own a 71-73 Mustang, I do have a 71 Cougar.  Many parts are shared between the models.   I typically learn what parts aren’t shared after I buy them...   I have amassed a fair amount of knowledge and a pile of parts from my project.  Most are parts that I took off while some were purchased and never used as I went a different direction or found that the part didn’t fit.  I am looking for a glovebox striker if anyone has one laying around.  See y’all on the forum.  

Aaron

Email is aaronford1@yahoo.com if it becomes important. 

A68487-BD-688-A-4-DFF-A1-DC-B289-A0-ACE92-E.jpg

Nice car - There are a couple of cougars near me, one is a black 72 convertible, much like yours - I really like those cars. Welcome on board!

Jim

• Like 1

1971 Mach 1

351C/FMX, trick flow  heads

Lunati retro roller conversion ("stockish" specs with high lift).

Classic Auto AC

Manual Front Disc conversion

620 lb front and 5-leaf HD rear springs w/Gas-adjust shocks

IMG-2977.jpg

Welcome from Virginia!

• Like 1

Mike AKA Ole Pony & Rare Pony
Our current Mustang garage/driveway
1973 Mustang Convert - Bought in 1974 - Still have it!
2004 Mach 1 Oxford White Auto, Bought Sept 06

20180127_082009.jpg

Welcome to the Forum. I almost bought a 73 cougar to get the leather seats and while looking at the Cougar also looked at the Pantera at the Mercury dealer. Pantera was about twice cost of a new Mach 1 that I ended up with. I much later learned that if you paid extra Ford would make you leather seats for a Mustang. Was actually the first non stock option put on a Mustang for Henry Ford II. There was another in the MOM on display last year.

• Like 1

When a man is in the woods and talks and no women are there is he still wrong??:P

David

Welcome from Ohio. Nice looking ride.

• Like 1

Kilgon

"The only dumb question is the one not asked"

Hello and Welcome from Calif.

Good looking car... and girl. ;-)

Bru

• Like 1

Nice looking car, got any more photos to share?

Welcome from Oregon.

• Like 1

“If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough.”

--Albert Einstein

B946-A84-E-317-F-4-A4-F-8853-BA207-CED33-C6.jpg

4565-E5-E3-75-F2-4934-8-F84-377-ABB5960-A2.jpg

5978-FA81-9-F8-F-4669-8560-4574754-E094-A.jpgDon CNice looking car, got any more photos to share?

Welcome from Oregon.

Aaron,

That is one fine looking cat!! You will find that we are a much more laidback group than others you'll find elsewhere. Ownership is not essential, enthusiasm is welcomed. Since your 71Cougar was assembled and came down the same line as the 71-73 Mustangs in  Dearborn, they are cousins!  If you ever do have a part fitment question between the two vehicles just ask as many of us already have the "Been There Done That" T-shirt.

Welcome to your new Mustang (and Cougar) home!

• Like 1

Steve

No Officer...I really don't know how fast I was going, my speedometer stopped at 140!

Hello, thought I’d introduce myself.  I’m new to the site and while I don’t actually own a 71-73 Mustang, I do have a 71 Cougar.  Many parts are shared between the models.   I typically learn what parts aren’t shared after I buy them...   I have amassed a fair amount of knowledge and a pile of parts from my project.  Most are parts that I took off while some were purchased and never used as I went a different direction or found that the part didn’t fit.  I am looking for a glovebox striker if anyone has one laying around.  See y’all on the forum.  

Aaron

Email is aaronford1@yahoo.com if it becomes important. 

A68487-BD-688-A-4-DFF-A1-DC-B289-A0-ACE92-E.jpg

cool ride, check out west coast cougars. Great website, lots cougar parts, the owner a honest, straight shooter. welcome. :bravo:

• Like 1

Welcome from MO!

• Like 1

Wisdom, knowledge and intelligence are three very different things.

1971 convertible, H-code, Ram Air

1971 Mach I, M-code, Ram Air

1988 Bronco II

2014 F150 Supercrew

Welcome from Iowa.

73 Grande H Code. Headman long tube headers, T-5 Transmission, 3.70 Traclok, Lowered 1" all around, Aussie 2v heads w/ 2.19 intake, 1.71 exhaust, screw in studs, full roller cam 608/612 lift 280/281 duration LSA 112, Quick Fuel 750 CFM double pumper, AirGap intake.

- Jason

082-hot-rod-power-tour-2017-1970-1970s.jpg