Help Identifying my radio

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1971 Mustang 302 V8
OK, Got the centre dash apart today and Im trying to identify which make of radio this is?

Now there is a centre face plat missing from it so that might throw you off the scent!

Here's some pics  Im trying to  work out how to wire up the electric aerial?

If anyone has an instruction book,that would be handy :)

OK, Got the centre dash apart today and Im trying to identify which make of radio this is?

Now there is a centre face plat missing from it so that might throw you off the scent!

I am almost 100% positive it is custom autosound brand. I have similar unit and it also has running horse on the tape cover

Alex

I am almost 100% positive it is custom autosound brand. I have similar unit and it also has running horse on the tape cover

Alex

Here is mine...

Thanks, I'm trying to work out what that missing face plate should look like.

Sadly there does not appear to be a model number on the unit?

It also appears my pony is racing off in a different direction!

Last edited by a moderator:
Not for sure of the make of it. This might help. A Custom Autosound USA1 has the tape player but can't find a manual on line to down load. Try the following link. It is for a custom autosound 230. The schematic matches yours.  https://customautosoundmfg.com/uploads/USA-230-optimized.pdf. You can also go to custom autosound and look up their other models under support.

Good luck.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you find a face plate take the radio out and throw them both away :D

Well looking at the Pics above i decided to make my own faceplate,

I got an old black VHS tape case and using a sharp modeling knife cut out a section of the box.

I then made a paper template to check the size.

Then cut out the pattern on the black piece of plastic, finally with a few dabs of superglue fitted it in place.

Came out ok   ::thumb::

Back