Introduction

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ricard

Reaction score
My Car
1972 351CJ MACh1
[url=https://ibb.co/hBMVvFT][img]https://i.ibb.co/K2GWHx8/A865-E967-B72-D-4-AD0-A6-C8-F4-D3-E243-BFF5.jpg[/img][/url]
Hello All, 

I’m trying to be a diligent and law abiding member of the forums and I understand introductions are in order.

I am the now 5th owner of a 1972 351CJ “Q code” 4 speed Mach 1. The car is wimbleton white with black stripes, black standard interior (has been upgraded to deluxe) and it is and original fold down seat and console car. Open 3.50? Rear. Also has upgraded magnum wheels but I have a full set of original hubcaps x6 and the original wheels. I even have a full set of G70x14 NOS!!!!! Firestone wide ovals that came with the car, never mounted 

Honestly it looks like i time capsule. It even has a promotional book of matches that came with the car, and not a match had be struck!? Maybe it’s newer? But I found that neat. I was provided ever single piece of paper you could imagine for the car, even a set of instructions to install a car seat because the original owner had a newborn. The person I bought it from was one of those guy you dream of buying a car from, kept every original part and new where everything went. And also had every piece of paper ever.

The parts that came with it filled the rest of my garage and I’m sad to say my 86 Camaro is slightly buried. But she understands right?

The car was mechanically checked, headers installed, manifolds were cracked. Holly avenger carb re jetted, msd ignition drop in distributor, plugs wires etc. When I bought he car it put 32. Hp to the rear wheels.

Now it’s putting down 217hp and 282 lbs of torque. Likely needs a bigger carb. But all I do is drive it to work the gym and home.

Anyway, I know these cars reasonably well but not like most of you, so thanks in advance for the help, the laughs and the education I’m sure will come.

Nice Car!  Congrats on the acquisition!

kcmash

Welcome from Welland, Ontario. Nice Q-Code. Is this an original Canadian sold car?

Welcome from Welland, Ontario. Nice Q-Code. Is this an original Canadian sold car?
Yes it’s an original Canadian car, sold to a dealership in Toronto, I’d have to look at the paperwork to see what dealership. It was built in December of 71. I was sold in June of 72 off the lot. For what’s its worth it’s a 1 of 1 car according to the Marti report afternoon breaking down all the options. Although it is a minimal option vehicle.

it has had the lower quarters done, burn it was oil sprayed from new, so it all very solid. The frame is better then i would ever have imagined.

Welcome to the Forum. Great looking car for sure. Where did you get the cup holder insert for the ash tray?
I think he said he got it from mac’s antique auto parts. They are In Upstate New York, Lockport?. It’s great to hold the passenger side coffee because second gear hits the drivers side one. You just take out the ash tray insert and it pops in. So much better then a cardboard coffee tray on the passenger seat

Back