Chicago Auto Show and Mustangs

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1971 Mach 1 w/408C stroker
I was able to attend the Chicago Auto Show press day with SAE. This was a great opportunity because it was open only for the press so there were very few people in there.

I spent a good amount of time at the Ford exhibit. 

The Ford GT was a beauty. Amazing looking car.

The GT500 looked amazing but it was not open so I couldn't sit on it.

Look at the carbon fiber wheels:

There was also a wall full of Ford Performance parts and loved this oil pan. Looked at the scavenging and trap door system.

And a collage of Mustangs in the wall next to it. How many 71-73 Mustangs do you see:

As I was there were presenting the Mach E to the press. Most of the talk was about justifying why is it called Mustang. The main point is performance. They also made the point that the hood follows similar lines, which I agree.

Edit: I added a few more pictures of the wheels

Last edited by a moderator:
Must of been great to be there. The GT is really awesome. A real piece of eye candy. I like the oil pan. First time I seen one like that. I still have reservations on the new "Mustang". The design doesn't fit the Mach name. My eyes aren't as good as the use to be but I found 3 for sure in the collage. There was a couple of interior shots that I couldn't make out enough to tell.

Thanks for sharing.

Back